Well, I guess you could feed all your turns to Chronatog?

@MaximumCDawg Hum, is there a point in giving turns away with Chronatog? Vault untaps, so that's a pseudo Time Walk for you. You are not going to deck your opponent with Chronatog and Hope, that will never ever happen. But Time Vault, or maybe even Meditate, are cool cards to work with it.

last edited by fsecco

@fsecco I don't know about him... please note that I am about 30% serious on this thread. I do think this card is playable. It does a lot of things. It reminds me of Fire//Ice in that it just does a lot of little useful things and I'm sure somebody will at least try it. I'm not really sure its good. But I'm certain it will be tried.

This post is deleted!

@Topical_Island I know, this is just theorycrafting. But combo or pseudo-combo deck that uses Vault/Key combo can really benefit from playing Hope. It can disrupt better than, say, Orim's Chant, while being able to turn Vault into a useful card without key.

last edited by fsecco

Did they think it had Haste?

For people wanting this in a Workshop deck. This is not the worst card ever, but without a Thorn to protect it turn one all you're doing is turning on a ~4 of played in ~65% of the field. To pass the turn. To hope to untap and deal damage?

alt text

Maybe in your shop sideboard it could serve some purpose. There is also sphere-less shops where you just give up and play 4 x Misstep yourself to resolve stuff like this. I would say Cavern maybe, but the creature type is bad.

Despite its CMC and effect, in a Worshop deck, Hope functions more like a Tangle Wire than a Xantid Swarm. What I mean by that is Tangle Wire gives Shops an uninhibited turn usually. Cast Tangle Wire and then watch your opponent squirm in their seat for 2/3 turns not being able to do anything while Sphere effects stack up. Tangle Wire is FOW or bust for the Shops opponent.

To @nedleeds point, turning on more cards in your opponents deck is what Hope does; plus you have to do combat successfully. So maybe I am looking at this differently than others but I feel this is a delayed Tangle Wire that gets hit by all the cards shown above.

I'm not saying it's not playable, but I don't think it's necessarily a game one Workshop card unless the build is saturated with 1's which most Chamber decks are. The flying here is actually the most exciting part, filling the role of the thopters from Hangarback, or even (Bl)Inkmoth as a ravager soak alpha striker. He's presumably replacing some number of other men like Frogmite or lords like Chief / Inspector.

4 Arcbound Ravager
4 Hope of Ghirapur
4 Memnite
4 Signal Pest
2 Hangarback Walker
3 Phyrexian Revoker
2 Steel Overseer

4 Genesis Chamber
4 Tangle Wire
4 Mental Misstep
4 Skullclamp

4 Mishra's Workshop
1 Tolarian Academy
3 Gaea's Cradle
4 Ancient Tomb
1 City of Traitors
1 Mana Crypt
1 Sol Ring
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mana Vault

@nedleeds

That list could use at least 1 scrap trawler

@gkraigher said in [AER] Hope of Ghirapur:

@nedleeds

That list could use at least 1 scrap trawler

Tough. But also Fair. There are plenty of new cards that could go in. I've played lists like this with Servitor I wonder how often you'd just want him instead.

Views