TNT : My New Favorite Deck

• @Serracollector said:

The Gearhulks definitely look interesting to test. Green Gearhulk + Trike + Goblin Welder = sum fun.

Ditto for Combustable Gearhulk. Except Trike isn't needed, obv.

• @Brass-Man said:

Awesome to see you continuing to work on the deck. I really can't help but wonder if there's a build of this that swaps Workshops for a different set of critters, either Eldrazi, or more hatebears, or something nutty like Vengevines (I was having an unexpected amount of success with a Survival/Vengevine deck a few months ago).

Survival + Vengevine were the Survival decks I eventually transitioned to after they restricted Lodestone (and Chalice), because without Lodestone or many other consistent artifact threats the deck did not feel like TNT, and Workshop + Welder felt a tad underpowered at that point. RUG Survival Vengevine sidesteps most of the commonly played graveyard hate, because you are not reliant on the graveyard. You've got a Grafdigger's Cage or a Rest in Peace you drew? That's cool. How about I just draw or tutor for these hasty creatures and beat you down? Nice dead draws. That would probably be best served as another dedicated thread though, because most of the cards do not overlap.

• TMD Supporter

I think the trick to making non-Welder Survival work is to figure out how to get Inferno Titan or Endbringer into play because I think having that Triskelion type effect is important.

Are there more cards like Loyal Retainers?

I can't help but think a dedicated Mox Opal engine would really accelerate the Survival+Welder combo. I've had thoughts of Lupine Prototype helping to facilitate this.

I also am thinking that Solemn Simulacrum is solid at golems #2-4. The only contention point becomes the mana base because you want Cavern for bypassing Misstep. You want green sources. You want Mountains. You want Workshops. And if you're going to play Thalia, then you need white. Is Aether Vial a thing? I don't know...

• TMD Supporter

One option if you looking at the reanimation route as a possible line is karmic guide, which also opens up the possibility of some sort of reveillark combo? That at it's smallest is like 4-5 cards I think, and can win from a relatively small amount of mana.

• @desolutionist Re: ditching Welders: I have no idea if this would be feasible, but do you remember that 5C Shops deck that was doing the rounds recently with Master Transmuter? Perhaps there's a UG Shops/Surivial deck possible, that dumps robots in the yard with Survival, searches up Sharuum, and Transmutes it into play.

Certainly, a Master Transmuter deck cashed a few DEs recently, so the card itself is not completely unplayable.

• TMD Supporter

I played the artificer deck two weeks ago and didn't get a good impression probably because the meta changed a lot since it was playable.

And last night I ran into a WotC_MattS who was playing the TNT deck from the original post and he smoked me. I was playing a more traditional Shops deck and he was just having a lot of fun burying me with Survival and Welder. Survival + Welder must be the way to go.

• @sodoyouwearacape said:

@desolutionist Re: ditching Welders: I have no idea if this would be feasible, but do you remember that 5C Shops deck that was doing the rounds recently with Master Transmuter? Perhaps there's a UG Shops/Surivial deck possible, that dumps robots in the yard with Survival, searches up Sharuum, and Transmutes it into play.

Certainly, a Master Transmuter deck cashed a few DEs recently, so the card itself is not completely unplayable.

Do you know where i could find those lists with Master Transmuter ? I have been toying with it for some time but i had no really conclusive results so far and i would be interested in seeing what people managed to brew.

• TMD Supporter

@albarkhane said:

@sodoyouwearacape said:

@desolutionist Re: ditching Welders: I have no idea if this would be feasible, but do you remember that 5C Shops deck that was doing the rounds recently with Master Transmuter? Perhaps there's a UG Shops/Surivial deck possible, that dumps robots in the yard with Survival, searches up Sharuum, and Transmutes it into play.

Do you know where i could find those lists with Master Transmuter ? I have been toying with it for some time but i had no really conclusive results so far and i would be interested in seeing what people managed to brew.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/vintage-5c-artificers#online

WAF/WHF