Yeah, I think the Drain here has threads for a lot of the very potentially busted cards in the set. most of which were not part of your review. Check those out and incorporate your thoughts, I say.
Also, I don't see the appeal to Drivin' Cars. They're a riff on equipment with some pluses and minuses:
- They have no equip cost to pay
- They give SUBSEQUENT creatures "haste" by allowing them to tap immediately
- They need to have haste or they do nothing when they arrive, unlike equipment which can be used immediately
- They cannot be searched up with Stoneforge.
- They typically five a power/toughness "bonus" smaller than playable equipment
- They are useless on larger creatures, as exceeding the Crew cost means you're wasting power.
Ultimately, they still rely on having other creatures. Notice how only the really broken equipment gets played in Vintage? Or even Legacy? I don't see how any of the spoiled cars changes that.