alt text
This can work wonders with Arcbound Ravager, Hangarback, Wasteland/Crucible. And you don't have to sac it so it's reusable.

last edited by Brass Man

You can't forget about everyone's favorite card Smokestack.

@Water0 Yep! I just didn't mention it because it isn't the most played version of Shops right now, but this do fit in Uba Stax quite well. I just think it works better with Ravager since you can almost always activate it immediately. With Smokestack you have to wait a few turns.

EDIT: It'll also depend on what other cards produce energy counters for you to use.

last edited by fsecco

I really like this card, Ravager already puts stuff in the yard at a good clip, as does wasteland and such. Who knows, maybe forgemaster can make a comeback as well.

Another way of looking at this 4 mana cc card is like this:

You have to sacrifice 6 permanents before this card replaces itself.

Compare it to coercive portal that draws a card each turn its in play. I'd much rather play portal.

Although I do see some synergies wth it, I don't think these are vintage synergies.

four mana
doesn't impact the board
pass

Wasn't interesting when they called this Time Sieve either.

Ubastax is already top heavy at the 4cc slot. That said, you're not actually losing permanents with Goblin Welder.

Do energy chits do things on their own? The MTG twitter had a graphic that looked like you could give up an energy to dome the opponent for 2, in which case I think people will almost always use them for that purpose

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/771806408446767104

@ajfirecracker no. They're just used to pay for this stuff. This is quite slow in Uba, but you could use it to pay for one expensive stuff. With Ravager it's easier to use but it isn't what hehe deck is trying to do.

@ajfirecracker Yeah, just to clarify, Ian Duke was using that graphic to explain a baseline proof-of-concept R&D was working with when they came up with the Energy mechanic. "These are just examples, they are not necessarily exactly the things you can do with energy in the set." I was confused too, and thought it was some sort of Trading Post-like artifact/enchantment.

"a permanent you control" means it must come from the battlefield (unless i am wrong) so it won't work with baazar. In a Uba deck i would rather use Baazar + Uba do draw and dig through the library.
Much too slow a card, IMHO, to be effectively used in Vintage.

I'm excited to have a card to stick in my bicycle spokes for that big-kid motorcycle sound.

Well, I'bet this is probably the best energy generator in the set:

alt text

If energy ever becomes relevant, this is probably the card that generates all the brokeness (I don't feel it's relevant yet)

@fsecco said:

Well, I'bet this is probably the best energy generator in the set:

alt text

If energy ever becomes relevant, this is probably the card that generates all the brokeness (I don't feel it's relevant yet)

Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, get (E)(E)? I speak literally zero Italian but that's my attempt to translate the first part

@ajfirecracker Sorry I forgot to post translation! It's something like:

Whenever you play an instant or sorcery, you get EE.
T, Pay EEEEE: Deal 3 damage to target creature or player.

🙂

Views