[Free Podcast] Serious Vintage 29 – Dr. Superstition and the MTG Underground

http://www.eternalcentral.com/serious-vintage-episode-29-dr-superstition-and-the-mtgunderground/

For episode 29, Geoff Moes (@ThallidTosser on Twitter), Nat Moes (@GrandpaBelcher), and Andy Probasco (@tmdBrassMan) talk with Ben Perry (@DSuperstition) about the recent Team Serious Invitational, Ben’s Two-Card Monte deck, and the #MTGUnderground.

Here’s the timestamped table of contents for your listening ease and enjoyment:
00:26 – The Team Serious Invitational
19:36 – Two-Card Monte
38:02 – The MTG Underground
1:01:52 – Outro
Total runtime – 1:02:30

We also ask the question: How do you participate in the MTG Underground?

Great episode! Didn't know I was part of this MTG Underground... but I guess I must be?

@GrandpaBelcher said:
How do you participate in the MTG Underground?

Let's see if I understand the question:
Running 75 card proxy events in Sydney, substance abuse being closely linked to my magic playing... And generally, playing/loving/following Australian/7 point.

I haven't listened to much of it yet, but thanks for the shout out on eternal central. 🙂

I really love this podcast.
I don't actually get to read that much content and most of what I do read is old stuff I read for research.
It takes me a while to get through a whole podcast because I don't have a lot of time, but it always makes me happy to hear you guys talking about Vintage.

This is the single greatest thing that has ever happened

@Brass-Man you're my favorite homey brass dude.
I have lived much of my life in the underground, it's only natural that I would also play my nerd cards there as well ! I was seaching for a way to play magic competitively and the ptq scene just doesn't work for a dad like me. Vintage is the best of both worlds I guess.
I don't need planeswalker points or game day play mats. I have all I need here.

My first introduction to anything bigger than kitchen table mtg was the (unsanctioned) weekly booster drafts at Fun Depot in West Palm Beach, Florida. That was my springboard in to playing for pride, prizes, and personal betterment. But you don't need a DCI number to do any of that.

@10k Tom?

It's a shame that you missed out on the Sydney Leagues.

My first podcast, both appearing and listening, and I have to say, it is by far my favorite.

@Shaman-Ben more podcasts should include drunken confiscated flask stories.

@snowydude more tournaments should too! If I did not drink I do not think I would play magic.

Great episode! Nice to see BrassMan as a regular host!

@rbartlet said:

@10k Tom?

It's a shame that you missed out on the Sydney Leagues.

Yes. And yes.

Move back and start another.

@10k I'll be back again later this month for a few days... Hardly long enough for a league though.

@rbartlet said:

@10k I'll be back again later this month for a few days... Hardly long enough for a league though.

There are Legacy events on the 15th and 22nd. If you're not around for those, feel free to bring a deck of the format of your choice and we'll slap some games whenever we can fit 'em.

I maintian that this is relevant to overall conversation because one of the events is a proxy event... #MTGUnderground

Views