Vintage 101: New York Stax Exchange

For this week's article I wrote about NYSE IV. I hope you all enjoy it. Congrats to the champ @Montolio , way to go buddy.
Thanks to Nick for putting the event on and helping with deck lists, and thanks to everyone else who helped.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/vintage-101-new-york-stax-exchange

last edited by Islandswamp

Thanks for the article. A couple small points:

"If Sudden Shock is utilized correctly, the Mentor player will only be able to get at most one Monk token out of the exchange."

Obviously I understand what you mean, but this is not correct. When I know my opponent has sudden shocks I will often wait to play a mentor under I can play a sorcery, hold priority, and respond with an instant.

"Playing six rounds means that you'll face a broader range of decks"

The event was 8 rounds with a cut to top8.

I thought it was great that we had a modo finals in a premier paper event.

I knew the event was more than six rounds, I don't know how I missed that. Thanks for reading.

@diophan I guess my point was that on an MTGO daily event you could get away with a more narrow sideboard because there's a decent chance you'll just miss any one specific match up. Making a sideboard for a large paper event has to be much more difficult in my opinion.

@Islandswamp

This was supposed to be in the articles section. Posting via smartphone somehow caused me to make that error.

Views