[KHM] Invasion of the Giants

0_1609962121974_c53c9f9e-9257-45be-8d77-695ecdc22cb3-image.png

Are there any viable giants in the format. This card is kinda spicy because you get a delayed cantrip out of it but it also pays itself back in 2 turns and you can ping someone from 2. It's very incremental but I think if there was a viable giant it could make this good.

Either way I like this design because the saga does sorta tell the story.

The only giant I can think of is the molten giants form the old kelly oath decks.

The new giant berserker that doubles damage will benefit (only costs 4 too). With Bonecrusher Giant/Stomp, that's a pretty beefy clock and a lower curve. But that's even too slow for vintage where BURN is too slow.

Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger is probably the most playable giant out there.

@john-cox

You win a challenge with Uro, but no one enters it into MTGtop8, SMIP doesn't list it on their scorecard, and it's like it doesn't happen. SMH.

Joking aside, I think this card has significant Modern and perhaps Legacy implication, but for Vintage, the delay in drawing a card is pretty significant. You can kind of compare it to Serum Visions and Preordain if you've ever played Visions like in the VSL lists - scrying into the counterspell/Dredge hate/piece of Power you need and not being able to cast it is rough. A Preordain restriction would be interesting for the format as the remaining cantrips are much more flawed because of this (not advocating for it, but it's true based on my play experience).

@chubbyrain1 said in [KHM] Invasion of the Giants:

@john-cox

You win a challenge with Uro, but no one enters it into MTGtop8, SMIP doesn't list it on their scorecard, and it's like it doesn't happen. SMH.

Joking aside, I think this card has significant Modern and perhaps Legacy implication, but for Vintage, the delay in drawing a card is pretty significant. You can kind of compare it to Serum Visions and Preordain if you've ever played Visions like in the VSL lists - scrying into the counterspell/Dredge hate/piece of Power you need and not being able to cast it is rough. A Preordain restriction would be interesting for the format as the remaining cantrips are much more flawed because of this (not advocating for it, but it's true based on my play experience).

Yea in formats where bonecrusher Giant is legal and viable this is going to be such a windmill slam. Giants are getting some really good support in this set, I think the giants themselves right now are the weak link. Check this thing out too:

0_1610119739379_30649e85-783c-423e-9a6c-9e3646724f51-image.png

@chubbyrain1 I completely blanked on uro titan of nature's wrath being a giant lol. Carry on.

Uro really gains nothing from this card. You scry 2 and then draw next turn and if you have uro in hand, you shock something. On the turn 2 you likely cast Uro so you won't have the cost reduction turn 3, and reducing Uro's cost by 1 is negligable. If you Escape him, you get no cost reduction since he's all colored mana.

Calamity Bearer and Bonecrusher Giant are the only things to really leverage all three steps of this Saga, and those are unplayable in Vintage.

@thewhitedragon69 said in [KHM] Invasion of the Giants:

I think despite this card I would rather be the guy playing Uro.

last edited by John Cox

@john-cox Definitely. Uro is busted. This thing is not even close and just enables so-far-unplayable giants.

Views