@vaughnbros said in [CMR] Hullbreacher:

The biggest blowout is to flash it in response to a Dack Fayden activation, and they discard 2, you get a treasure, and then a creature to attack Fayden.

Do you feel like that is a bigger blowout than slamming this in response to a wheel of fortune which will leave you with 7 cards, them with 0, and you with 7 free mana you can spend whenever you like? Cause I don't.

@protoaddict
Timetwister or Wheel of Misfortune are the best draw sevens to use this against I think.

@john-cox said in [CMR] Hullbreacher:

Timetwister or Wheel of Misfortune are the best draw sevens to use this against I think.

Any resolved draw 7 is going to be a blowout with this in the same way it works with Narset. I would contend maybe even worse since you have mana to spend afterwards

@protoaddict

Sure, but I was talking about cards that are actually played.

@vaughnbros said in [CMR] Hullbreacher:

Sure, but I was talking about cards that are actually played.

Are you contending that Wheel of Fortune does not see play, and also that a card that is no yet in circulation does?

@protoaddict Wheel and timetwister are 1-ofs and only in PO or Breach decks (sometimes). Dack is in just about every xerox build which is a huge part of the meta. I can see where Hullbreacher vs Dack will happen 20x for every once you get to snipe a wheel effect.

That said, this is pretty nice vs bazaar too, as they only get their one draw on their turn and that's it. Narset also only shuts off the second draw in ANY turn, whereas this shuts off all draws except the first in their turn. Having people be able to ancestral or opt or library on your EoT to skirt the Narset drawback was annoying. You can't even do that vs this guy.

@protoaddict

If you want a Wheel with this, you are probably going to have to play this and wheel in the same deck.

Playing Wheel of Misfortune for 0 would be fun to force your opponent to discard their hand, while mana efficient for the effect, its not that broken though given Mind Twist is a card.

Guys, the nifty thing about new printings is that they often give new life to old printings. Wheel was a format staple for years along with windfall and twister, it seems to me that this card plus narset are a pretty good start towards breathing new life in to them if anything was ever going to.

@protoaddict

I mean you can build the deck without Black now so.

So this needs a restriction, and I say this as a die-hard Merfolk player. This card is absolutely nuts.

@naixin Nah, it can be bolted/plowed. It just means everyone needs to play this or UWR Mentor Xerox. Or if they play shops or dredge, they don't care about this at all. If they play hollowvine, they should have 2 bazaar activations and 12+ power on the board before you ever hit 3 mana anyway.

I can see this being amazing vs PO, but that's pretty much it.

last edited by Thewhitedragon69

Idk, I personally might try this in my own Draw7 combo deck. Draw 7 and get 7 mana for my belcher? I'm game to try it out.

Views