Any idea what deck top 8 the tournaments?

@covetousrat

Probably PO, Doomsday, Hollow One, Bug, and Xerox

These events have managed to pull together 300+ players each, which is amazing for Vintage. I'm really happy with how many players Wizards was able to attract --- great for the format.

Is there a place I can watch coverage for Eternal Weekend? Like a twitch channel or preferably youtube?

@miryafa said in MTGO Eternal Weekend:

Is there a place I can watch coverage for Eternal Weekend? Like a twitch channel or preferably youtube?

You can watch his PO games throughout the 3 EW vintage tourneys.

https://www.youtube.com/c/IamActuallyLvL1/videos
https://www.twitch.tv/iamactuallylvl1

Is there any place where they’ve announced the winners and decks?

Gotta say, I am really happy with these top 16s. Yes, FoW, Bazaar, and MWS are STILL the "triangle" of Vintage, but these are varied decklists like I've not seen in a very long time. I'd gotten so used to the 4x MWS/2x dredge/2xPO top 8s, that I'd almost given up on seeing variety in vintage. Glad to see so many different strategies!

@thewhitedragon69 said in MTGO Eternal Weekend:

Yes, FoW, Bazaar, and MWS are STILL the "triangle" of Vintage

*grumpy old man noises*

back in my day, it was Drain, Bazaar, Workshop

I haven’t been following the details, but FYI the winner was apparently disqualified for bribery, so that the second-place player (playing shops) now won.

@evouga Yup. Here's confirmation:
https://manaecho.com/news/eternal-weekend-winner-disqualified

The disqualified player in question is former VSL competitor and Vintage stalwart Andreas Petersen. Not a good look for him in any way. Glad WotC took the appropriate action.

last edited by revengeanceful

@thecravenone

It took time for Anuraag and Julian to compile everything and all the post production commentary. This isn't fast work, and also there was the issue with the investigation into what happened with the Mishra's Workshop event with ecobaronen that also likely slowed things down a bit as well.

My point is, be grateful they were able to provide a well put together followup, it takes time to do these kinds of things.

@volrathxp This is 2020. People are so saturated with social media feeds, text and IM, and instant gratification in general that we DEMAND near instantaneous reports. A week is an eternity to wait.

Haven't you ever noticed when someone sends you an email, then a text 5 minutes later asking why you didn't reply to their email, then a call 1 minute later asking if you saw their text? Welcome to the world we live in.

@thewhitedragon69 I mean, sure whatever. lol.

I'm just saying, complaining about something that people did, likely for free and on their own time to give something back to the community and also something that likely had to be held up because of a tournament investigation issue is silly.

It's likely that if there were no issues with the tournament, then the info would have been up the same day as the Legacy event highlights were, but there was an added layer of being unsure what Wizards was going to do with the Ecobaronen situation.

@volrathxp I get it totally. Just commenting on the "I want it now" society we live in. People bitch if they have to wait in line for literally one minute.

I'm not upset that Anuraag and Julian took a while to get this done.

I'm making fun of an eleven billion dollar company that can't live stream their championship when the local webcam tournament is able to do it with a handull of half-drunk dudes at that helm.

last edited by thecravenone

I for one find it funny that people spend their time and energy complaining about this awesome article by @IamActuallyLvL1 but, as a community, say almost nothing about Andreas Petersen being DQ'ed for Bribery.

Cheating in Magic is a tradition older than most Magic players. We're desensitized.

last edited by thecravenone
    Views