alt text

I haven't seen it being used in ages, and without the mana acceleration in the newer formats, is it really relevant? It's kinda funny that this is now considered weak enough to see play in standard.

For those who still run it, I guess the question is do you run OG for nostalgia factor, or foil?

I mean, I think it could be poised to make a comeback if we ever see real restrictions on other archetypes that allows for rituals to return, but then again dark petition and infernal tutor both exist and could be better overall depending on the build.

This seems more like an EDH plant to me. Also, go right ahead and spend your turn 3 in standard or pioneer doing nothing on 3 and paying 3 life, tell me how that game turns out.

@protoaddict said in {M21} Grim Tutor:

go right ahead and spend your turn 3 in standard or pioneer doing nothing on 3 and paying 3 life, tell me how that game turns out.

this card being incoming is likely part of why they finally hit Fires of Invention

I'm really happy they're reprinting inaccessible and risky cards like this, and not even in some overpriced limited-run boxed set.

It's too bad Grim Tutor isn't really relevant anymore.

Views