just wondering peoples thoughts, 8 hours of brewing time, no table time
ive been out of Vintage for quite some time. figured i'd make a deck with my free time towards christmas.
any comments are welcome.
the 60 card deck:
2x Arlinn Kord
4x Burning-Tree Emissary
4x Collector Ouphe
1x Craterhoof Behemoth
1x Dryad Arbor
4x Dryad Militant
4x Elvish Spirit Guide
2x Forest
4x Ghost Quarter
3x Mayor of Avabruck
3x Natural Order
3x Noble Hierarch
3x Once Upon a Time
4x Rattleclaw Mystic
4x Simian Spirit Guide
2x Stomping Ground
1x Strip Mine
4x Taiga
3x Wooded Foothills
4x Wrenn and Six

@lgco16 said in new wrenn deck:

I had something like this, you need 4 bolts and some number of pyroblasts. Magus of the moon is pretty good too (blood moon gets hit by all the force cards and you can find magus with OUaT). Force of Vigor is good too in this archetype.
Deathrite shaman is good too.
I was using Eidolon of the great revel so I had 4 simian spirit guides (no elvish spirit guides.)
Also consider Domri, Anarch of Bolas and sylvan library/mirri's guile.

last edited by John Cox

John Sir, I appreciate the response & your insight....thank you.
Domri anarch of bolas got cut from the deck at the very last second and I'm working on fitting vigor in the main board.
I guess my follow up question is how is stonecoil serpent getting dealt with for the most part. It seems really strong with mishras workshops and ancient tomb...are vintage players just hoping for a workshop restriction or has engineered explosives become a more abundant staple with oko & stonecoil?
Thanks again sir.
& Happy holidays.

last edited by Lgco16

I didn't do well with this deck, but my plan was to slow them down with ouphes and make the serpents and other things boltable, or use things like force of vigor to get rid of them. Your also on the perfect colors for ancient grudge.

last edited by John Cox
    Views