I would love to see a taking turns style deck in vintage one of these days, but that is a pipe dream I am sure.

No one would run 4 of these in most lists in most any format, If only because the broken stuff you can do revolves around fetching it and then bouncing and recurring it, but also how many timewalks does one need to take to win?

last edited by Protoaddict

When Gush gets unrestricted next B&R round, this will become $50 per foil.

2 gush, fastbond, this is draw your deck right? Not that there is any shortage of ways to do that.

I still think This + Trade Routes + timewalk is the way to go. Maybe add to that a sac outlet as well as Ramunap Excivator?

I mean, if key/vault works with one restricted piece why can't this 🙂

Hmmm, have to have 4 lands in play (this being the 4th) and none of them can be Karakas, Academy, Strip, or Library (or you're another turn away from fulfilling requirements)? Can't be Orchard. You have to dodge Strip/Waste. Super grindy deck that wants this.

You can discard this to Foil, return it with Crucible, get your Foil back on top, Gush, and do it again. Talk about broken.

High Tide vintage with fastbond

@aeonsovarius said in [ELD] Mystic Sanctuary:

Hmmm, have to have 4 lands in play (this being the 4th) and none of them can be Karakas, Academy, Strip, or Library (or you're another turn away from fulfilling requirements)? Can't be Orchard. You have to dodge Strip/Waste. Super grindy deck that wants this.

Don’t a lot of Xerox lists meet these requirements? Lots of recent lists’ only lands are Islands/Duals/Fetches, and they’re shooting for the long game.

High Tide with the real draw 7s might actually be good.

@stuart

For sure, but that's about the only one. The fish style decks that can use this, too, but i don't know what kind of % representation they are at right now. The nonbasic clause (or lack of a basic clause actually) allows for multicolor decks (duals) but you can't have too many utility lands. So in a way, not even all blue decks can even play it.

I'm just thinking the amount of turns it takes to get to 4 islands though. It's not necessarily Turn 4 and so i think when evaluating this card you should consider that.

Treasure Hunt and Fastbond with this land seems very, very, very strong. Casting multiple Treasure Hunts could literally lead you to drawing your entire "lands" deck in one turn. Just a thought I been churning with, no decklists yet, but an idea to throw out there for you guys/gals.

4 Misty Rainforest
4 Waterlogged Grove
3 Island
1 Forest
4 Wasteland
4 Tropical Island 
4 Dark Depths
4 Thespian's Stage
1 Bojuka Bog
3 Mystic Sanctuary
1 Strip Mine
1 The Tabernacle at Pendrel Vale
2 Glacial Chasm

1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Gush
1 Time Walk
2 Force of Vigor
1 Exploration
1 Ramunap Excavator
4 Crop Rotation
4 Fastbond
4 Treasure Hunt
4 Crucible of Worlds

4 Veil of Summer
4 Grafdigger's Cage
3 Null Rod
2 Hurkyl's Recall
2 Tormod's Crypt

So Fastbond+Crucible let's you go nutter butter... Glacial Chasm lets you play all the land without taking damage from Fastbond. Wasteland/ Strip Mine with a mana producing land nets you infinite mana. Adding the 'canopy' land, Waterlogged Grove, lets you draw the entire deck hopefully allowing you to find Time Walk, make a 20/20 and win. Mystic Sanctuary allows you to rebuy your draw spells/ Time Walk and combos insanely well with Gush. Noticeably missing are fast mana rocks which have been excluded in favor of more land to have better hits/ greater consistency when casting Treasure Hunt. The Exploration and Ramunap Excavator are there to be the 5th Fastbond and Crucible since there's no protection in the deck. Force of Vigor is there strictly to attempt to disrupt any Shops/PO shenanigans g1.

The following is the initial list I started with. You'll notice the absence of Crop Rotation in favor of counters to aid in your own plan/ disrupt the opp. Just a few lists I was durdling with, feel free to discuss.

3 Misty Rainforest
4 Waterlogged Grove
3 Island
1 Forest
4 Wasteland
4 Tropical Island 
3 Dark Depths
3 Thespian's Stage
1 Karakas
2 Mystic Sanctuary
1 Strip Mine
1 The Tabernacle at Pendrel Vale
2 Glacial Chasm

1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Diamond
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Sapphire

1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Gush
1 Time Walk
4 Force of Will
1 Flusterstorm
1 Force of Negation
1 Mental Misstep
1 Mindbreak Trap
4 Fastbond
4 Treasure Hunt
4 Crucible of Worlds

last edited by myk

Not sure how good it'll be in vintage, but I've had moderate success with this card and counterbalance.

Views