I was thinking Meloku the Clouded Mirror but that works too.

Infinite turn combos aside, recurring any restricted card up to 4 times a game with these in your deck is pretty good.

You need another 3 islands for this to work. Are we really talking about this?

EDIT: or does it count itself? I mean, if you have a Tundra and a Volcanic in play and fetch this, does it work? That changes everything.

EDIT 2: nope. It says "three other islands". It's bad.

last edited by fsecco

I like it in a gifts pile eot

@fsecco said in [ELD] Mystic Sanctuary:

You need another 3 islands for this to work. Are we really talking about this?

EDIT: or does it count itself? I mean, if you have a Tundra and a Volcanic in play and fetch this, does it work? That changes everything.

EDIT 2: nope. It says "three other islands". It's bad.

Fastbond builds seem like they would be most apt to abuse this.

@protoaddict I have no idea how Fastbond abuses this since their lists usually contain a lot of colorless lands though.

@Tittliewinks22 if you play Gifts (with 3 islands in play, mind that) and your pile has this I'll gladly give it to you since you'll play it and only draw whatever next turn. Putting this in any Gifts pile makes it weaker pile (and also Noxious Revival is way better in that slot I guess).

@fsecco You've got to think "less playable Fastbond decks". My mind immediately jumped to high tide combo.

@Serracollector it still comes into play tapped then amulet untaps it so that won't work.

This looks for three other islands, not three other basic islands. That seems to me a super-low bar to clear for almost any control deck in the mid-to-late game. Turning any top-decked fetchland into Noxious Revival seems good.

I think this could become a staple 1-of in most blue fetchland decks. Yes, it's awkward as one of your first lands but the upside seems pretty real. I don't think you are generally going to see people running 4.

I would love to see a taking turns style deck in vintage one of these days, but that is a pipe dream I am sure.

No one would run 4 of these in most lists in most any format, If only because the broken stuff you can do revolves around fetching it and then bouncing and recurring it, but also how many timewalks does one need to take to win?

last edited by Protoaddict

When Gush gets unrestricted next B&R round, this will become $50 per foil.

2 gush, fastbond, this is draw your deck right? Not that there is any shortage of ways to do that.

I still think This + Trade Routes + timewalk is the way to go. Maybe add to that a sac outlet as well as Ramunap Excivator?

I mean, if key/vault works with one restricted piece why can't this 🙂

Hmmm, have to have 4 lands in play (this being the 4th) and none of them can be Karakas, Academy, Strip, or Library (or you're another turn away from fulfilling requirements)? Can't be Orchard. You have to dodge Strip/Waste. Super grindy deck that wants this.

You can discard this to Foil, return it with Crucible, get your Foil back on top, Gush, and do it again. Talk about broken.

High Tide vintage with fastbond

@aeonsovarius said in [ELD] Mystic Sanctuary:

Hmmm, have to have 4 lands in play (this being the 4th) and none of them can be Karakas, Academy, Strip, or Library (or you're another turn away from fulfilling requirements)? Can't be Orchard. You have to dodge Strip/Waste. Super grindy deck that wants this.

Don’t a lot of Xerox lists meet these requirements? Lots of recent lists’ only lands are Islands/Duals/Fetches, and they’re shooting for the long game.

High Tide with the real draw 7s might actually be good.

Views