[ELD] Embereth Shieldbreaker

alt text

Ok it is a goblin piker mixed with Deface but I'm wondering if effects like this may not see some play because

A) Searchable in survival
B) You can still get creature value after using the sorcery because of his these cards work.

Getting the value of 2 subpar cards can sometimes push a card into viability, does that apply here?

@mike-noble Also Ingot Chewer blows up an artifact even when you cast its body.

This is emberething

For real though why did they name a mechanic something that is impossible to Google? All I get are display boxes. How does the mechanic actually work?

Is there a link to the rules regarding adventure? I'm assuming it isn't an entire crop of creatures like misthollow griffon and eternal scourge and there is some kind of rider on the adventure ability that only allows it to be cast from exile when exiled with the mechanic.

If that is the case then I still prefer ingot chewer, which can also serve to remove bridge from below. But with thorn restricted there may be instances where you can use the differences between the two. I doubt a burning wish deck cares about the body, but maybe...

alt text

This is the next spoiler.

@wiley said in [ELD] Embereth Shieldbreaker:

Is there a link to the rules regarding adventure? I'm assuming it isn't an entire crop of creatures like misthollow griffon and eternal scourge and there is some kind of rider on the adventure ability that only allows it to be cast from exile when exiled with the mechanic.

I don't think the rules have been formally published yet but normal-frame versions of these cards have reminder text:

alt text

Since the reminder text is on the spell part, I take that to mean that the adventuring is part of the effect of the spell--you draw a card, you lose 1 life, you exile this card, you may cast the creature later from exile. If it worked like Misthollow Griffin I think there would be reminder text on the creature side saying (You may cast this creature from exile).

I know it's more of a Legacy card, but it seems like these will be some fun new toys for Food Chain if they're castable from exile.

It seems as if the effect of exiling it through whatever the adventure rules are is what set it up to be cast from exile, since the reminder text is coupled with the adventure box. If all of them are just mist-hollow griffin it is a hell of a way to punish leyline of the void players.

Views