Vintage 101: Bazaar of Moxen

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/vintage-101-bazaar-of-moxen

Islandswamp explores some new Vintage tech from the Bazaar of Moxen: Annecy!

I hope you enjoy it. Have a nice day.

Good article again Joe, but you need to stop highlighting Mentor, don't want to get it restricted 😉

@kistrand LOL yeah right?!? I would have shown one of the Mentor deck lists but I didn't want to overload the readers on one type of deck.
I almost put Sylvan Mentor in there anyway, just because I think it's the best Mentor deck right now. The deck was in my article last week though.

@Islandswamp Haha I was just kidding 🙂 And, yeah I've tested around with Sylvan and it's really good. But a more aggro-build with some pyromancers in addition to mentor has also worked quite well but has less control over the flow of the game.

last edited by kistrand

keep writing. it was a great article.

I had no idea those silly 5 color human decks were tier 1 decks. Congrats to the guys who worked on it.

last edited by gkraigher

@Islandswamp I started reading your article at lunch and i didn't have time to eat my lunch since i was too busy showing all my mtg playing friends the awesomeness of that 5 color humans deck. Also the article itself was really good.

@EwanMcCartney noooo! Nutrition is important! Trust me, I eat all the time.
Seriously though, thanks for the kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Even reddit was very kind to this article. Amazing stuff!

@gkraigher I made sure I linked to the TMD thread. If I forgot to mention anyone who worked on 5C Humans I'm sorry.

I'm glad you enjoyed the article, and I'll keep on writing until something stops me.

Nice article @Islandswamp!

@Stormanimagus and @wappla really did a great job.

Michael

@mruppen I'm glad you liked it and congrats on your victory! I really like to give more exposure to the paper Vintage scene and its top decks/players. Plus it's great to show the uninitiated that Vintage decks can be both full of creatures AND powerful.

@Islandswamp said:

@mruppen I'm glad you liked it and congrats on your victory! I really like to give more exposure to the paper Vintage scene and its top decks/players. Plus it's great to show the uninitiated that Vintage decks can be both full of creatures AND powerful.

Thanks 🙂
They really are. I used to play blue decks exclusively (shops decks are not my cup of tea) but the human deck is capable of doing broken, "vintagey" plays as well. It was a joy to play and hearing/seeing people's reactions when casting berserkers and mantis riders in a vintage tournament was priceless.

@mruppen do you play MTGO at all? I'd love to see that deck take on a daily ( as long as I'm not facing it 🙂 ).

@Islandswamp No, but while reading your article I realized, that the online version of the human deck is cheaper than I thought it'd be. I'm thinking about selling the Recall I got from winning and buying the deck. Unfortunately, one doesn't get much opportunities to play paper vintage, so that's a great alternative. And getting more practice wouldn't hurt at all 😉

Some player already took the human deck to a 3-1 finish:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/vintage-daily-2016-05-12

@mruppen I highly recommend MTGO to anyone who can reasonably afford it. It's even better I'd you also have the cards in paper 🙂 feel free to hit me up for a match if you do.

@Islandswamp Yeah, I'll do that should I buy in. Thanks, man!

wow, i never took the 5c humans deck seriously, now im gonna have to.

Views