alt text

Not sure if there is any chance at 4 mana but is there any utility to the fact that its a bigger pyromancer that makes flyers off more cards and has a sac for mana outlet. If Mentor was not restricted I would not even post this but it feels like if you wanted your Jeskai list to have 6 pyromancer effects this could be ok.

Maybe there is some chain of cards you can play and sac over and over again to make this a combo piece. You can endlessly loop Tops with it :p.

At 4 mana, is this better than Talrand, Sky Summoner?

This card is nuts because you can sac spirits to generate mana. It's a mana engine. Gush, Probe, Mox, Manamorphose -> generate RRRR for free

last edited by Guest

This bird is cuckoo! Ok,maybe not that great but good at first glance. Counterwars with this guy out feeds your Rebs/ pyroblasts in hand.

@desolutionist said in [M20] Kykar, Wind's Fury:

This card is nuts because you can sac spirits to generate mana. It's a mana engine. Gush, Probe, Mox, Manamorphose -> generate RRRR for free

Good point but isn't red mana the worst?

Yeah not that great. You have to use Manamorphose to do anything with it and you might as well just play Baral at that point. Plus this is kind of expensive to really get into using it the turn it enters the battlefield. There’s Empty the Warrens, Grapeshot, Magmatic Insight, Pyromancers Ascension, and a handful of the newer Izzet combo cards.

That said, Talrand and Meloku used to be played and so it fulfills a similar function. There’s a chance it could see play for that reason other than fringe combo potential.

Also worth considering is that Mantis Rider is pretty relevant to the Vintage metagame and sees no play most likely because of the tricolor mana cost. There aren’t any played tricolor cards that I’m aware of, besides Oath, Tinker, and Dread Return targets.

Edit

And Leo

last edited by Guest

If you are looking for additional pyromancers with utility options Saheeli, sublime artificer is 3 mana, flexible on the cost and interacts with the board the turn it comes into play depending on what you have on the board.

I mean, there are positions where this is strictly better than Saheeli. The dorks are flying so its better against thopters and moat right off the bat. I think that which extra pyromancers you should use is going to be heavily based on meta, I just think this could be one of them. That being said I am more interested in the sac ability if I use this, though I'm not sure for what.

Views