alt text

Interesting faux-Timetwister from the graveyard. Otherwise quite useless.

Kinda neat. Ironically I think it might stand a better chance of seeing play in Legacy, which has more broken mana for this specific application thanks to LED being legal as a four-of.

I'd love to see a Careful Study deck with these where you can chain them. Probably too cute, but should open a few doors to try.

Seems interesting in Thieves. Pitch it to Dack early on, then flash it back when you've played Notion Thief.

This will get LED banned in Legacy.

@fsecco easier to just ban this, and not kill multiple decks in the process.

All the more reason to run 4 Narset.

@fsecco said in [MH1] Echo of Eons:

It's the 53° end of Magic

@nsammael said in [MH1] Echo of Eons:

@fsecco said in [MH1] Echo of Eons:

It's the 53° end of Magic

Am I saying any of this? Don't patronize.

@blindtherapy said in [MH1] Echo of Eons:

@fsecco easier to just ban this, and not kill multiple decks in the process.

They usually go after the big mana first. And since this card is nothing without LED in Legacy, I wonder what path they'll take. They may take the road they did with Mox Opal in Modern, letting it stay because it saw play in more archetypes (and this will probably only see play in Storm/Ad Nauseam) so yeah, maybe this gets the axe. And yeah, maybe the deck isn't even that good and stuff like Force of Negation can keep it in check. 😉

They aren’t going to kill:

Dredge
All versions of combo
And a couple versions of reanimator

To save a card that when combined in decks with time spiral can take forever to finish games.

This won’t take long until it gets banned in Legacy because of High Tide.

@gkraigher High tide? Why would hey play this when Time Reversal exists? Playing 3 of these just because they could be useful with Intuition or Frantic Search seems bad to me.
But anyway. In Vintage I don't see much applications for this. Dack, JVP and Bazaar all help, but do you want a draw 7 in a deck like that. I mean, do you want draw 7 number 4 after Twister, Wheel and Windfall?

I’d rather play this card than Windfall.

last edited by evouga

While you can try to go for this off LED, you're stone dead to a Force of Will so it feels awfully risky.

It isn't so difficult to cast this normally for 6 and have it resolve into your graveyard, at which point the potential card advantage becomes extreme. It is incredibly unique in that aspect, as most other draw 7's need help/luck to chain, this only needs mana.

@evouga said in [MH1] Echo of Eons:

I’d rather play this card than Windfall.

Come on, really? The only deck I see playing Windfall these days is PO and I'd rather have Windfall, which can draw 10+ cards, than this. The fact that it chain on itself, making you have a second draw 7 after is resolves is cool though.

I like this in Oath. It recycles the deck and combos with stuff like niv mizzet. Could even run notion thief or leovold in the deck really.

Yeah I didn’t even think about this in Niv Oath; holy smokes. But Niv is not such a great Oath target while Karakas runs rampant even in maindecks...

Views