alt text

Be still my beating heart.

So i mean, can 8 mage be a deck? Its so much value and it's caverns-able.

Opp finds Time Vault, I find Null Rod. Seems good.

Just of note this can find voltaic servant also which is both halves of that combo.

*EDIT: added the card it can actually fetch that untaps time vault.

last edited by garbageaggro

@garbageaggro

If you mean Galvanic Key or Voltaic Servant then yes. Voltaic Construct only untaps creatures.

I did mean voltaic servant, whoops!

And Painter.

I think this card is a little too slow though. Yeah it’s card advantage and a tutor so it will have some viability but I don’t view this as better than Trinket Mage, which doesn’t see a whole lot of play. Trinket was always good because it can get Lotus or Top. Treasure Mage won’t have the same impact because paying 3 to tutor for a two mana card is just so slow.

@desolutionist said in [MH1] Tribute Mage:

And Painter.

I think this card is a little too slow though. Yeah it’s card advantage and a tutor so it will have some viability but I don’t view this as better than Trinket Mage, which doesn’t see a whole lot of play. Trinket was always good because it can get Lotus or Top. Treasure Mage won’t have the same impact because paying 3 to tutor for a two mana card is just so slow.

Nailed it here. If Trinket Mage didn't fetch Lotus it would be incredibly hard to justify.

As an aside, as long as Karn is around it would be hard to convince me that there is a better way to play Time Vault.

Views