[MH1] Sword of Sinew and Steel

0_1558828950313_42e6c7bc-c45b-4672-89c7-7421bc008985-image.png

I know I said Swords are too slow. But this seems pretty good of an effect in Vintage right now. The protections are ok, since they stop Dack, Bolt and Fatal Push/Dismember, but the trigger is where it shines.

If dack is in play, they just steal the sword.

This is amazing in Modern - shit in Vintage.

last edited by Thewhitedragon69

@thewhitedragon69 if it's equipped already it stays equipped, and you'll still get the triggers until the dack player plays a creature to equip it to.

@thewhitedragon69 said in [MH1] Sword of Sinew and Steel:

This is amazing in Modern - shit in Vintage.

I think it's going to be pretty good in Legacy too. But I agree that Swords are basically bad in Vintage - but if one of them is going to be played it's probably this one.

I’ve played the Fire and Ice original sword in bad creature decks that need some action in the middle game. I think Fire and Ice is still better than this sword, though I agree that none are really fast enough to justify playing.

@fsecco If any are played, I think it'll be the pro blue/white. The proliferate matters for aggro shops and walkers. Protection from snap/mentor/repeal/plow is better than anything in this sword.

@blindtherapy said in [MH1] Sword of Sinew and Steel:

@thewhitedragon69 if it's equipped already it stays equipped, and you'll still get the triggers until the dack player plays a creature to equip it to.

It's equipped, but the trigger owner is who control the sword. It doesn't give the ability to the creature.

@gutocmtt yeah I'm an idiot, the first trigger will be used to destroy the sword

Views