Unpowered Landstill: Would appreciate some feedback!

So after deciding to try out Vintage without Power, my deck of choice has gotten Landstill. This Sunnday I plan on playing my first Vintage tournament. It's sanctioned, so I have to play without proxies. I would be really glad, if you could give me advices and suggestions for improving my list.

Maindeck

Counters (14):
4 Force of Will
4 Mental Misstep
3 Mana Drain
1 Flusterstorm
1 Red Elemental Blast
1 Mindbreak Trap

Removal (7):
3 Swords to Plowshares
1 Hurkyl's Recall
1 Fragmentize
1 Balance
1 Supreme Verdict

Draw (8):
4 Standstill
1 Brainstorm
1 Ponder
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Dig Through Time

Plainswalker (4):
3 Jace the Mindsculptor
1 Dack Faydn

Creatures (3):
2 Snapcaster Mage
1 Monastery Mentor

Disruption + Acceleration (4)
2 Null Rod
1 Sol Ring
1 Lotus Petal

Mana (21)
3 Tundra
2 Volcanic Island
4 Flooded Strand
2 Polluted Delta
2 Island
1 Plains
3 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland
1 Strip Mine

Sideboard

2 Containment Priest
2 Rest in Peace
2 Disenchant
2 Energy Flux
1 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Pyroblast
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Peacekeeper
1 By Force
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Pyroclasm

So first of I have to say that I am not sure if it's worth to make the manabase more vulnerable just for Dack and mainly the Red Blasts. Should I better stick to straight Uw?

I play Null Rod over Stoney Silence, because I can lay it down on Turn 1 with Sol Ring. But if Sol Ring is just a bad choice I cut it and go with Silence.

Balance is also a really situational card and sometimes just bad, but it can also be really broken. I liked it in my few test matches I have done. And what is the common sense on a singelton Crucible for Strip Mine/ Wasteland lock and recurring Factorys with all the Dack Faydens arround? Still worth a slot or is the risk to high to give Crucible your opponent and is the lock generally to slow?

So any advice and critisicm on my list is welcome!

I would say go with UW, better manabase against Workshops and other Wasteland decks in general. Stony over Null Rod, it's harder to remove. Sol Ring is not good, if you want unpowered, I wouldn't try to play Lotus Petal or other artifact mana. A card that might actually be good in Landstill is Lavinia, Azorius Renegade, but I'm not sure. It fits in with the mana denial portion of the deck very well.

If you are looking to cut something, I don't like that many planes walkers in a non powered list. I'm no landstill expert though.

Thank you guys, for your answers! I have revised my list after a couple of matches yesterday. I think now that straight Uw is best, a third color with all the off colored mana is really hard to support well. So I droped the Splash. I also added a Crucible, the Strip Mine lock and the recurring my factorys is a strong angle of attack, I think. I found Stoney Silence quiet underwhelming. It doesn't do enough against some decks and most of the vintage decks are so explosive that it is often too slow. I also considering a Councils Judgment for dealing with opponent's Walkers, but double WW seems hard to afford. I give Lavinia a try in this spot. I am still on the Sol Ring and Petal for enabling Crucible or Jace faster or holding up a first turn Mana Drain.

I think the biggest problem for Landstill is coming back, when it's behind, but not sure what to do to fix that problem.

That's my list now:

Main

3 Tundra
3 Wasteland
1 Strip Mine
3 Mishra's Factory
1 Faerie Concalve/ or 4. Factory/ or Celestial Colonnade
4 Flooded Strand
2 Polluted Delta
3 Island
1 Plains

4 Force of Will
4 Mental Misstep
3 Mana Drain
2 Flusterstorm
1 Mindbreak Trap

3 Swords to Plowshares
1 Hurkyls Recall
1 Balance
1 Supreme Verdict
1 Fragmentize/ or Councils Judgment?

4 Standstill
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Dig Through Time
1 Brainstorm
1 Ponder

3 Jace the Mindsculptor
2 Snapcaster Mage
1 Monastery Mentor
2 Lavinia, Azorius Renegade

1 Lotus Petal
1 Sol Ring
1 Crucible of Worlds

Sideboard

2 Containment Priest
2 Rest in Peace
2 Disenchant
2 Energy Flux
1 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Hurkyl's Recall
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Peacekeeper
1 Mindbreak Trap
1 Council's Judgment/ or 1 Supreme Verdict

So let me know what you think about the new list?

And right now I am saving some money and what do you think would be the best improvement for the deck. The 4. Tundra, Library of Alexandria or a Moat?

last edited by ShadowandLight
    Views