Vintage in ROCKFORD, ILLINOIS (2/24)

(This was posted on Facebook - I AM NOT THE T.O. Please don't contact me with questions)

This is the first monthly qualifier for the Jason Chambers Vintage Invitational.

Jason Chambers was one of the original members of team Rockford. He started playing Magic in 1994. He was a pillar of the magic community and the Boy Scouts of America. Jason loved playing magic and teaching new players how to play. He was a brewer and is known for his evil eye deck.

The event will take place at Top Cut South in Rockford, Illinois.

The rules for this event are as follows:

1. The cost is $20 for the event. 50% of the entry goes towards prizes the day of the event and 50% goes towards prizes for the invitational.

2. The winner receives an invite to the championship.

3. You are allowed 15 free proxies, but can purchase
    more for $0.25 each additional proxy. this money will go towards prizes as well.

4. Proxies must follow the guidelines listed on the google dock. https://rebrand.ly/vintage-proxie-9d9b7

5. Tournament is on February 24th (Sunday).
    Deck registration at 11AM , Event starts at NOON
    pin
    2430 S Alpine Rd, Rockford, IL

6. Questions please contact: Dave Luety
    email: luetyd@gmail.com
    cell: (608)289-3734

Prizes will be based on number of entries, and number of rounds will be based on participants.
We will cut to top 8 after the Swiss.

last edited by 13NoVa

It's in the Title, but I'll add it to the post.

Unfortunately I can’t make it this time, but I just wanted to say it’s great that there’s vintage in the area again! As far as I can tell, this is the first vintage event in Wisconsin or Illinois in a very long time. I’ll definitely try to make the next one.

I’m looking forward to reading the tournament report!

(And if there’s more vintage going on in the area, I’d be happy to be corrected. As far as I know, the closest events are in Michigan and Indiana)

I'm trying to bring 3 from Madison, and one of my friends from Lake County, IL is going to make the trek - IF The weather cooperates.

Views