• Finally get to tune in and the first thing I hear is

Randy: Well if he casts that jace, he loses the ability to force of will
    Mike: he's at 1 so that's not really an option
    Randy: oh yea good point

Never change, Magic coverage.

• I tune in and the first thing I watch is GRVs after GRVs. 😕

• TMD Supporter

@hrishi Those were so awk

• @tittliewinks22 Is your stuff japanese foil?

And maybe someone wants to lend/sell/trade me 1 or 2 Niv Mizzets for tomorrow?

• @hrishi Especially the round 10 one... Coval was dead on board, and had no way to resolve a spell given the gamestate.

It left a bitter taste in a lot of viewers mouths, but rules are rules.

• @jostin123 Judge did the correct thing. 3 GRV in a single game...

• http://www.cardtitan.com/vintage

Top 8 lists posted! Looks like a good mix.

• @jostin123 Rules are rules... But when it's not fair ... it's not fair.
    I was watching, and as everybody i saw Coval had 0% chance to win that game ... outside a "rule violation" as it is named. I just hope that guy will loose in quarter as he shouldn't be in the top 8. That said, i know in that type of tounament, you NEED luck to be in the top 8. I can't beleive any reasonnable player can beleive he will succeed in such a tournament based only on his (or her ...) personnal skills. I can understand that Coval called the judges, that was "legal", but that's the point where you can see this is not just a game at that point. He had lost that game, but his tired opponent discaded a card a few seconds too late. Some will say "rules are rules", but that's just no the way i imagine playing magic.

Big-up for Brian Kelly who finished #17 with 8-2 after a 3-2 in the rounds 1 to 5. He is a great and nice player !

• Go go Dr Shay!

• First place is "Paradoxical Mentor" with no Outcomes, lol.

• Anyone have any bead on who had the best budget list and what the list was? I am looking for it for my article.

• @volrathxp i think i saw on twitter a mono red prison list came in somewhere in the 60s. Not sure if any nulldrazi lists did better.

• @p3temangus thanks, I'm going to keep hunting for it. I really want to point it out for my article because it's a great distinction to me to show off the unpowered budget winner. I think that's really sweet.

• @InfectedMushroom I think there is a mistake in the decklist. I counted (probably slightly off) and got 55 cards MD, meaning there is room for 4 POs and 1 other card (maybe).

• I played 4c Leovold Thieves (only green cards were Leovold and Grudge in the board) in the main event. Leovold and Notion Thief are very strong threats against Paradoxical. Went 3-0 and 2-1 and 2-0 split tickets in the sides. I had been testing and playing a Drain Gifts deck with packages like Tinker/Time Walk, Volt Key, YawgWill/Snap/Mission briefing to put together a win upon resolution but didn't feel confident so i went with my Night's Whisper Leovold/Thief/Dack/Kess valuetown control. Perfomed poorly, went 1-1-1 and drop.
    Played the same in a few Challenges and overperformed. Went 3-0, 2-0 split tickets, 2-1.

Today i played 4 Challenges with Griselbrand Oath, and transform sideboard into Paradoxical. Went 3-0 tricking people into boarding dead cards :), then had a 3-0 repeat doing the same thing. It was nuts to see people play dead cards and go "hmmm, i thought you were on Oath" and i get to reply and say "Yea, well i was a while ago, then i sideboarded 12 cards". Also had Tinker/Colossus package in the Paradoxical board, which i would bring in with more artifact removal and a little mana vs Shops instead of boarding into Paradoxical.
    Third side event i played Paradoxical first and boarded into Oath, for the funsies. Kind of a flex but was i was having a blast. Went 2-1 but i really only lost the one round due to variance and just nutty statistics. I can't be too salty but i feel some pride in how close it was and how much it was not my fault. I'm happy.
    Fourth i went 2-1 playing an Oath control brew with 1 each Niv Mizzet, Dragonlord Dromoka, Griselbrand. I lost fair and square to another Oath deck. We played a stupid weird game. I didn't show him Oath/Orcahrd in our game 1 but he saw me playing Oath earlier and boarded his 4 Oaths out. I was sure he was on Oath although game 1 i didn't see an Orchard or Oath from him either, so i boarded out some Oaths. Our game was so stupidly durdle and we traded activating Orchards so that neither of could sneak an Oath trigger. Once he hit 2 Orchards, i hit 2 Orchards. I ended that game with 10 tokens and he hardcast Grisel, i hard cast Dromoka, and he had only 6 spirits (i couldn't keep up after he hit 3rd Orchard). It was just weird, a tiny bit awful, and a lot of fun. In hindsight i should have attacked with spirits and dared him to race me since he activated more fetches and cast more Painful Truths.

Niv Mizzet is super exciting! I'm not too super fond of the design space of "do X, draw a card" or cards with the design "here's 6 abilities that may or may not have to do with each other". But Niv is awesome. I got to live the dream of Oath into Niv Mizzet, Time Walk, Oath in Griselbrand. Played against shops and we were both 6/7 and they Metamorphed my Niv to have a blocker, i By Force their Niv and resolve Twister. Such a blast.

• And unrelated, but i have 8 fbb duals and a few unlimited (all nonblue) i want to turn into 3 or 4 Bazaar if anyone wants to see them.

• Glad to see Landstill make Top8
    With all the creatures running around nowadays, I'd've been hesitant to run a Landstill deck.
    Hope there is a write up soon 🙂

Congrats to the top8!

WAF/WHF