@evouga said in [GOR] Mnemonic Betrayal:

a unique and very powerful effect, but too inconsistent against a diverse meta to be useful maindeck, and not impactful enough for the sideboard

I think this is a perfect description.

What if we run main deck Praetors Grasp to grab their Lotus and Timewalk, then do this over and over.

last edited by spook

@nba84 in the storm case, you need to resolve this spell for it to let you use their counters, and if it has resolved they probably aren't casting anything that turn for you to counter.

yes, you would delve from your own graveyard. you're the one casting the spell

There may be enough value scenarios out there that this might be worth trying out.

The one interesting thing is that you can chain your opponent’s Time Walk with these.

last edited by wfain

@wfain said in [GOR] Mnemonic Betrayal:

The one interesting thing is that you can chain your opponent’s Time Walk with these.

Wizards of the coast gave us this card as a preview and I mentioned this interaction in our podcast went live today.

http://www.eternalcentral.com/so-many-insane-plays-podcast-episode-82-guilds-of-ravnica-preview-and-metagame-update/

@smmenen I listened to some of it, but really just skipped to hear you talk about my Survival deck. 😝

@smmenen said in [GOR] Mnemonic Betrayal:

@wfain said in [GOR] Mnemonic Betrayal:

Wizards of the coast gave us this card as a preview and I mentioned this interaction in our podcast went live today.

http://www.eternalcentral.com/so-many-insane-plays-podcast-episode-82-guilds-of-ravnica-preview-and-metagame-update/

How are you chaining their Time Walk. It seems once you cast their Time Walk the first time, it would then go to their graveyard. (Not back into exile)

What have you found that I'm missing?

You cast another Mnemonic Betrayal during your extra turn.

@cuikui

Or even during the same turn.

@cuikui said in [GOR] Mnemonic Betrayal:

You cast another Mnemonic Betrayal during your extra turn.

@vaughnbros said in [GOR] Mnemonic Betrayal:

@cuikui

Or even during the same turn.

I guess in a world where we're casting Time Warp... sure...

Seems very strong with Mindtwist, or Thoughtsieze/Hymn affects. Could a mill variant based around this card as a 4 of become a thing?

Views