9/9/18 Worcester, MA - 3rd Annual Goober Memorial Tournament - 100% Proxy Vintage

• TMD Supporter

Over the last couple of years I have hosted annual memorial Magic the Gathering tournaments in remembrance of a close friend of mine, Steven Christopher Marshall, Goober to his friends. The goal is to bring together friends, family, and strangers alike to raise money for Child's Play and carry on his fun-loving, competitive spirit.

The third annual tournament will be on Sunday September 9th, in the Odeum of the Campus Center at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. Registration will begin at 11 with round one starting promptly at noon. The format will be unlimited proxy Vintage as it was last year. More details can be found on the Facebook page for the event.

Entry fee will be $25 either in advance through GoFundMe, or in cash at the door. Prizes for the top 8 will be, at a minimum:
    1st Place - Tundra (Italian) (and more still TBD)
    2nd Place - 4x Ancient Tomb
    3rd-4th Place - Force of Will
    5th-8th Place - Wasteland

I was glad to see some of you there last year, and I hope to see even more of you this year! Please let me know if you have any questions or if you think you can make it!

0_1535122342617_Goober Event Flyer 2018.png

• TMD Supporter

This is just a little over two weeks out, and I wanted to give an update on prizes!
    We will have four each of the two images below as playmats for our top 8 to choose from. The Batman comic panel is from one of his favorite comics, and Super Ghouls n' Ghosts was one of his favorite video games.
    I hope to see you there!
    0_1535121975435_batman 3 playmat small.jpg

0_1535122088217_ghoulsnghosts playmat small.jpg

• TMD Supporter

This is coming up on Sunday! Here are some final details for the day of the event:

1. We will be taking signups for the tournament starting at 11, and round one will be starting at noon, so please arrive early so we can start on time.
    2. You can submit the $25 entry fee ahead of time at www.gofundme.com/GooberMtG2018, or we will be taking cash at the door.
    3. Parking is in the Park Ave garage at WPI (map attached with walking directions to the Campus Center), and please have the attached parking pass on your dashboard.
    4. The Odeum room is on the third floor of the Campus Center.
    5. As always, Hawaiian attire is encouraged!

I think that's everything. Let me know if you have any questions, and I hope to see you on Sunday!
    0_1536075042830_WPI Campus Map.jpg 0_1536075054575_Parking placard new Logo.jpg

• TMD Supporter

I'll post a more elaborate writeup on this soon, but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that came out to this yesterday. We had 18 players playing a broad range of decks, we raised over $500 for charity, and we got to spend time keeping Goober's memory alive with friends old and new.

The top 8 standings were:
    1st - Bant Survival
    2nd - UR Pyromancer
    3rd-4th: Bomberman, Combo Outcome
    5th-8th: RUG Loam, BUGr Leo, Grixis Thieves, UR Pyromancer

WAF/WHF