Mastermind's Acquisition - 2BB
Sorcery - Rare
Choose one ---
- Search your library for a card, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
- Choose a card you own from outside the game and put it into your hand.
Another piece of a nefarious puzzle.
Notes about this card:
- Neither mode makes you reveal the card.
- You cannot access the exile zone with this card (has Wish text, not Coax from the Blind Eternities text).
- You choose the mode when cast, so your opponent knows what they're responding to.
- This is above rate for WotC at this time, as shown by Razaketh's Rite as Diabolic Tutor + upside being 3BB and Diabolic Tutor itself being Standard-legal at the moment.
- If you look at Grim Tutor + Death Wish without any life loss 2BB doesn't seem too bad.
- The Reddit thread is answering how this works in tournament Magic (sideboards only) about a dozen times, so no tidbits to steal from them.
So, is the price worth the flexibility in storm decks?