I had a blast even though i did terribly.

I ran into mentor, shops, shops, uw landstill, uw landstill, ubrg value pile, some wild artifact brew that i loved but was kinda bad, (op dropped on me r8), and paradoxical mentor.

I saw so much Leovold but didnt play against UBG.

I made the mistake of playing legacy today, i didnt realize there were cool vintage sides that could take up a day.

Will be playing both events if able for vintage tomorrow.

Who and what won? Is there any official coverage? Wotc apparently pretends EW is not a thing as I couldn't find any coverage on their side.

I know I am probably in the minority here, but I really, really miss the days of written coverage. Would be awesome to have both written and real time.

last edited by joshuabrooks

I ended up in10th

Bye
Bye
UW Landstill 2-0
Stacks (on camera) 2-1 *this match was epic
Dredge 1-2
Dredge 2-0
Doomsday 2-1
Nights whisiper Grixis theives 0-2 *Ruben gonzales is an insanely good magic player
Grixis nontheives 2-0 *andrea Mengucci
jeskai Tokens 2-0

My deck felt right all day - I knew it was a dog against theives if they played nights whisper, and dredge just spmetimes is dredge and you dont get to play much magic.

Super bummed to miss top 8, but I proved most importantly to myself that I can still play at a high level.

Did folks play in the Vintage side events? How were those?

I don't see any results so I'm not even sure if they all fired.

Thanks.

Geoff

@geoffc I played in the Thursday prelim and a Saturday side event. I don't know the exact count, but turnout seemed strong. Went 4-1/3-1. At least 3 other vintage events fired that I know of. Lots of vintage players in the mix!

Are decklists up somewhere?

congrats to @Montolio for the win! Well played to Rich as well!

@brass-man Cool! I'm making plans for next year already. 🙂

Geoff

Do we have Top 16-32 lists (or at least archetype breakdown) anywhere?

Also, congrats to our Top 8 and the champion Montolio. He has been crushing and innovating for a long time now and deserved the win!
I wish Cron and Menendian went further though. No SMIP in the Top 8 was a bummer 😛

EDIT: Oh, and Rich and Brian played some of the coolest games o camera. Brian on friday won a game through pure masterful play.

last edited by fsecco

@fsecco go to cardtitan.com/coverage.

Scroll halfway down and there will be a archetype breakdown.

@pugsuperstar Oh yeah I saw that. I just wanted specifically the Top 16 and/or 32 because it would help understand better how much shops dominated. There were people tied to the 8th slot from 8 to 21st place, so with a few different results that Top 8 could've been totatlly different. But if we have 16-20 Shops on that Top 32, then well...

@fsecco we'll have a more detailed breakdown later this week.

Just a friendly reminder! Please feel free to talk about the banned and restricted list in the dedicated thread, http://themanadrain.com/topic/1547/october-17-2017-banned-restricted-announcement but nowhere else please!

last edited by Brass Man

@diophan Great! Just thought Card Titan could've maybe put the Top 16 somewhere and I missed 😛

Views