5-Color Humans (Now with Fetchlands)

@stormanimagus Did you try the list with Unclaimed Territory? I feel like it fits well here. Not the same security as cavern but allows for extra mana fixing. It may be a good addition to the caverns. I know you said the mana is working well, just a thought.

Neat list! I loved the Knight + Ramunap engine in the sideboard of Noble Fish for the very reason you stated. I might give this a go after EW.

Good old scab-clan berserker is always strong.

Or Chalice of the Void.

People seem overoptimistic about a sideboard "plan" or "engine." 2 copies /1 copy (KotR/Ramunap, respectively) of a card, without draw, filter, or tutoring, does not a plan make. (2 copies of x/1 Dark Confidant is not a likely effective draw source against Shops.)

@bazaarofbaghdad said in 5-Color Humans (Now with Fetchlands):

Or Chalice of the Void.

There's a chalice. Its a solid list.

@bazaarofbaghdad My grandpa always said
"2 are better than 0"
What a wise man he was.
I think we all here can agree on the fact that 4 copies are easier to find rather than 2. So, I don't get your point. What are you trying to say? Or maybe you where just suggesting a better idea? Because I can't find it in your post.

@zylvorak Truth in advertising, friend. But also to help out newbies: that if they should play these cards with that sideboard intention, then they should not "plan" around them showing up since the likelihood of them doing so is less than the likelihood of them remaining absent. They're solid support cards, nothing more.

@bazaarofbaghdad

To respond to the comments about some of my numbers of copies of things being questionable let me say this:

2x Bob and not more than that is because it actually ISN'T very good vs. shops (see ballista) and I also don't really want it early game as I'm going to be curving out on lock pieces/aggro-pieces for a while. 2 seemed the right number for maybe seeing 1 copy over the course of a grindy game, but not seeing more than that.

2x Knight for a similar reason. I've found that getting flooded on Knights isn't ideal, but it's a solid weapon to have.

0x Unclaimed Territory - I've tested this card a bunch in a City of Brass Manabase and boy is it god aweful. It doesn't cast anything but Humans and with no uncounterable upside it's doing very little advance my gameplan and opens me up to a lot of hate/awkward draws.

Note that I run 2x Palace Jailer. Those are, ostensibly, my bob #3 and #4.

0x Thorn - I don't like this card in aggressive decks and it's a horrid later game rip which chalice is NOT. I was trying it for a while, but I think Freebooter helps the combo matchup enough with Thalia and Kambal. I don't think we really want/need Thorn.

0x Scab-Clan Berserker - Obviously I used to run this card as a 3-4x but ever since the printing of Kambal I think this card is just totally outclassed by him. If I wanted 7-8 of this effect I'd start dipping into berserker again, but I think Kitesail helps shore up the same match-ups and at 1B instead of 1RR.

Hope this helps answer some questions.

-Storm

I think that 2 or 3 Confidants along with 2 or 3 Palace Jailer is correct (I play 5 total but 4 is fine I think).

This archetype has recently been making a huge splash in Modern and a smaller splash in Legacy. Is there anything that can be learned from these two lists?

last edited by Guest

@hierarchnoble Meddling Mage seems like a good pseudo-preventive answer to Ballista.

Icatian Javeliners or Fireslinger could be options against Ravager, Revoker, and Balista? Legacy getting 4 probes in thier lists with Boots and Meddling seems sum good.

@serracollector Revoker is kind of irrelevant against Humans. Ravager and Ballista can easily be bigger than 1/1 so no, they aren't answers =/

guys, I've already put this deck on the back-burner for now in favor of a knight humans list with better cards that match-up better vs. the field. I'll come back to you all when I think it is relevant again.

-Storm

Views