New MTG Underground Blog Post

MTG Underground

Posted in my blog today. Oldschool tournament report from the Oldschool Players Ball. Not vintage content, but a worthwhile read for likeminded folk.

Honest question: Why do Old Schoolers post pictures of decks instead of typing up lists? I ask because it doesn't catch the feel of the era since camera phone ubiquity didn't exist in 1994, let along cell phone usage in general.

@the_gremlin_lord the ideal is to take a picture of your decklist with a vintage Polaroid camera, but most Old School players have spent all of their money on cards and cannot afford one.

Personally I much prefer the pics over the decklists - particularly for the older stuff.

@the_gremlin_lord Aesthetics are a big part of the format (hence the restrictions regarding artwork and borders), and for quite a few people the aesthetics and overall sweetness of the deck outweighs functionality. Photo decklists enhance this aspect.

@shaman-ben
Not a fan of 93/94 mtg, Still managed to captivate me.
Enjoyable piece, sir.

@rikter said in New MTG Underground Blog Post:

@the_gremlin_lord Aesthetics are a big part of the format (hence the restrictions regarding artwork and borders), and for quite a few people the aesthetics and overall sweetness of the deck outweighs functionality. Photo decklists enhance this aspect.

The least they could do is use a sweet Instagram filter.

last edited by Guest

@ten-ten Thanks man. I try to make the writing enjoyable enough that the subject does not have to carry it.

Views