14. Wilson Hunder - Paradoxical Storm
  15. Jose Ortiz - Ravager Shops
  16. Keith Seals - Dredge

By deck type:
Shops: 6
Dredge: 4
BUG: 3
Other: 3

This is likely the biggest event before Eternal Weekend. If anyone has further metagame breakdown, that'd be great for EW prep!

last edited by thecravenone

Thanks for posting the link! Just to clarify, I was actually on sylvan 'mentor', splashing green for sylvan library and ancient grudges in the board.

Thanks for getting these results up some fast.

Meta looks cool, I bet it was a blast. Looks like people left their Graveyard hate at home though.

Glackin is the new Will Mcgrann

Of note, Ryan Glackin's maindeck is a card-for-card match with Mark Hornung's 2011 Vintage Champs-winning maindeck.

Also of note, Michael Scheffenacker and Nicholas Dijohn have identical maindecks, with the former being shipped the list by the latter. Considering Ryan Glackin's winning list from NYSE 5 was also a Nicholas Dijohn creation, it's safe to say he's the best Workshop deck designer in the Northeast in 2017 thus far.

last edited by Guest

Let us not forget the best moment of Eternal Extravaganza:

https://clips.twitch.tv/RudeDelightfulMonitorOSkomodo

I vote for the dude oathing and flipping over 2 Demonic Tutors #oathishard

@nedleeds said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 Results:

The best part is they said he had 2 Demonic Tutors written on his decklist too, so at least he's consistent.

@desolutionist said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 Results:

Glackin is the new Will Mcgrann

Is that because everyone misspells his last name now too?

@ephemeron said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 Results:

The best part is they said he had 2 Demonic Tutors written on his decklist too, so at least he's consistent.

Oh yeah, I think it's clear there was zero intent to cheat. He just filled his deck list out wrong and followed it to the letter. But as it flipped over and Nick just kind of motions over to it had to be hilarious in person. I guess add that to the reasons not to just scoop to Griseloath.

#1 Decking
#2 Deck Reg Error

@ephemeron said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 Results:

Oh yeah, I think it's clear there was zero intent to cheat. He just filled his deck list out wrong and followed it to the letter. But as it flipped over and Nick just kind of motions over to it had to be hilarious in person. I guess add that to the reasons not to just scoop to Griseloath.

#1 Decking
#2 Deck Reg Error

DFR and Coss are friends, with David frequenting the monthly Vintage events at Nick's store, so I'm sure they were able to laugh about it together. Dave had mentioned to me the day prior that he never wins his on-camera matches, so he was probably ready to do more of the same. Funny enough, the turn he won during game 3 the stream cut out, so afterwards I went over and told DFR that he still hasn't won on stream, which he got a kick out of.

Northeast Vintage really is getting paired against your friends every round, which can still be true even when the event is 95 players deep.

@thecravenone

Wilson Hunder - Paradoxical Storm deck is missing the sideboard.

Can anyone get the missing cards?

Thanks!

last edited by PeAcH

@hankzhong said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 Results:

Thanks for posting the link! Just to clarify, I was actually on sylvan 'mentor', splashing green for sylvan library and ancient grudges in the board.

Please fix, @thecravenone. This is the cross you must bear if you want to deliver the results instead of waiting for the TO.

That 7th place shops list is insane. No wastelands? Walking Ballista in the sideboard? Maindeck Snare Thopter?!

@the_gremlin_lord said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 Results:

@hankzhong said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 Results:

Please fix, @thecravenone. This is the cross you must bear if you want to deliver the results instead of waiting for the TO.

Fixed but TBF, the TO listed it as Jeskai 😛

@thecravenone said in Eternal Extravaganza 7 Results:

Fixed but TBF, the TO listed it as Jeskai 😛

He admitted the mistake on Facebook but hasn't had time to fix it.

@cutlex
When your plan is null rod, you must built differently your shop deck. I had tried snare thopter some time ago and it is a quite good creature.

Edit : as for the wasteland, there are only 56 cards in the deck list so i guess they are there.

last edited by albarkhane

How many players were in this tournament, and did Matt or Ryan ever create a metagame report? If so, I don't see it.

@smmenen As I recall this event was just shy of 100 people. I believe it was 97. Someone can correct me if that is incorrect.
Also, to my knowledge TC Decks has this tournament incorrectly listed as having 256 players, which was the max capacity on the day, not the actual number of participants.
I do not have information on a meta breakdown. I do not recall seeing one at any time after this tournament. Just top 16 lists.

Views