This will probably be good in Legacy, but I don't see it replacing Steel Sabotage in Vintage or Commander. Two blue is hard to produce what with the lack of good mana bases in this format.

I can get them in Japanese.

I have a boner.

@islandswamp said in [IMA] Mana Drain:

This will probably be good in Legacy, but I don't see it replacing Steel Sabotage in Vintage or Commander. Two blue is hard to produce what with the lack of good mana bases in this format.

Joking aside, I really hope this signals an unbanning in Legacy.....

@xxhazardxx said in [IMA] Mana Drain:

Yeah I think that tempo counters would still be very big in that format and drains wouldn't be as much of a problem.

@xxhazardxx said in [IMA] Mana Drain:

Yeah I think that tempo counters would still be very big in that format and drains wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Probably after un-banning:
Earthcraft
Goblin Recruiter
Hermit Druid?
Frantic Search
Survival of the Fittest

I think drain is way too much for legacy, but who knows

No way this gets the green light in Legacy. It is being printed for EDH and Tabletop as far as I can tell. It is maybe the most restrictive card in EDH if you want to play blue.

Mana Drain! Welcome back, buddy!

Holy cow, the years were not kind to you, huh? When did you break up with Mark Tedin? Come over here. I'll pour you a cup of coffee and you can tell me all about it.

@13nova said in [IMA] Mana Drain:

I can get them in Japanese.

I have a boner.

Yess. Yess

Drain would be WAY too powerful in Legacy. I mean, with 4 Drains I could easily play Ugin/Karn in Miracles or even stuff that draws X or whatever.

Views