Nothing new just watered down old, pretty disappointing in my opinion.

@chase_dagger

What were you expecting? People are naturally going to play safer decks in a new unknown meta. This is literally the first competitive anything under the new B&R changes so I wasn't expecting anything mindblowingly new.

@hierarchnoble
I was looking for that but couldn't find it anywhere..

I for one welcome our new Paradoxical Outcome overlords.

@hierarchnoble

Some MTGO dev monkey not familiar with vintage probably chose the 5/6 lists to get posted, probably just thought it was just another tendrils deck

Anyone know what the list was?

4 Bargain 4 Outcome. The horror.

@supertimland said in First league 5-0 lists:

@chase_dagger

What were you expecting? People are naturally going to play safer decks in a new unknown meta. This is literally the first competitive anything under the new B&R changes so I wasn't expecting anything mindblowingly new.

99% of people playing Vintage just play net-decks no matter how known the meta is... This is evident by looking at the last 6 months of tournament data. We have complete meta breakdowns for every power 9 challenge. No one tries anything.

last edited by Guest

@desolutionist I wouldn't try anything in a 70%+ field of mentor and shops.

As of now since B&R update over 4 leagues some of the decks I have played are 3 oath, 1 belcher, what I guess was a vintage adaption of UR delver, some sort of opposition deck and that mono white 8 thalia hatebears deck. I haven't played against any of those in dailies on the last 2 months.

To me people are trying new things or recycling old ideas.

@supertimland

That's awesome I can't wait to get back in there!

Small sample but excites me

@supertimland MTGO reports random 5-0 decks with a least 10 cards difference than any other 5-0 deck selected. It is automated, not done by a human.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/magic-online-posted-decklist-changes-2017-07-05

@pugsuperstar

I'm aware of the info stated in that article. Nowhere does it say its automated and not done by a human.

My MTGO monkey statement still is possible.

Some MTGO monkey could easily do a filter search of decks with 10 differences and then they themselves randomly choose them (or not so randomly). It's not as if there are 100's of 5-0s daily forcing automation.

@pugsuperstar said in First league 5-0 lists:

It is automated, not done by a human.

To be fair, interns aren't real people.

Views