alt text

I honestly want this card to be good.

Is it good? Seems better than Young Pyromancer while facing down a Mentor. Also triggers from moxen. Deals damage the turn you cast it and kills planeswalkers. I think this card is good but possibly worse than Tendrils.

last edited by Guest

Grapeshot with power 2

Two of these in play = Tendrils for most purposes. Plus it can swing a few times potentiality. Why not just run it on side with Peezy?

This is another solid card for Harsh Delver style decks, though it does seem to benefit a deck playing more moxen. Maybe in a Jeskai Outcome list?

I kind of want to play this with deathrite shaman and Moat in a 4c shell.

How much play did guttersnipe see?

@John-Cox I actually played guttersnipe in the now-deceased (thanks ballista...) grixis pyromancer. It won me at least 2 games at an EE where I could not attack through blockers for lethal. That does not mean it was good and this card is probably better in the same slot.

This seems superior to Guttersnipe since it's a mana cheaper and triggers off of any non-creature spell so you can do damage off of jewelry being bounced/played.

I'd like it to be good too.

The big problem I've seen with 1 toughness creatures is Walking Ballista ... as my piles of dead Eldrazi Mimics attest to ...

Of course if you had a Harsh Mentor out already ....

@GeoffC said in [HOU] Firebrand Archer:

I'd like it to be good too.

The big problem I've seen with 1 toughness creatures is Walking Ballista ... as my piles of dead Eldrazi Mimics attest to ...

Of course if you had a Harsh Mentor out already ....

Or just play good cards like Null Rod instead 🙂

Yep, I play the Null Rods ... and they are REALLY GOOD when they're down. These days I just play cautiously with the Mimics until I know what's what.

Views