[HOD] Razaketh, the Foulblooded

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1683582518337553&id=100000574644015&set=gm.809258802581715&source=57

5BBB
8/8
Flying, Trample

Pay 2 life, Sacrifice another creature: Search your library for a card and put it in your hand. Shuffle your library.

Another possible Oath target? I was thinkn specifically in a landstill oath list with Factories or other man lands, with Crucibles and Regrowths where you can sac man lands for a double time walk which should be lethal. Is Scarred Demon better? Possibly, but this being bigger and being able to get multiple cards at once if you got the man lands to sac or a Crucible in play seems quite possible and a game ending scenerio. Thoughts? Or maybe other interactions I havent thought of?

last edited by Serracollector

Seems too conditional that it needs another creature for the sac option. Could never see playing this over Grisel....

Seems ok in oathstill with witness and time walk...
Grisel is likely better in most cases but there is something to be said for a more deterministic line.

last edited by Aaron Patten

This is a powerful card, but the best deck for it is probably a new deck with other creatures to really maximize the ability.

Things with enter or leave play triggers, like priest of gix, su-chi, baleful strix and the already mentioned eternal witness, that can apply pressure or defend and result in a combo finish.

• Oath into Razaketh, the Foulblooded
  • Find some way to find and cast Time Walk, be it sacrificing a manland, drawing it naturally, or using a different tutor.
  • Oath into Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and move to your first main.
  • Sacrifice Emrakul, the Aeons Torn to Razaketh, the Foulblooded.
  • The trigger will be on top of the search ability, shuffling your graveyard into your library. You can now fetch Time Walk again and take another turn!
  • Repeat the Emrakul trick every extra turn until either you or your opponent are dead.

Hot tech.

@The-Gremlin-Lord sexy, but multiple Rune-Scarred Demon probably already does this line better

@Brass-Man I've finally thrown in the towel on TMD spoiler analysis and just pretend as though I've never read Chad Ellis's "The Danger Of Cool Things...".

@The-Gremlin-Lord don't lose that fire, baby!

@The-Gremlin-Lord

last edited by Brass Man

@Brass-Man said in [HOD] Razaketh, the Foulblooded:

@The-Gremlin-Lord

DO NOT FUCKING TEMPT ME....

In all seriousness, how about a dread return target in mana dredge?

@Serracollector wouldn't their self-mill plan already hurt the potential effectiveness of this guy, not to mention their general redundancies? Even post-board I imagine if you're in a position to get this guy out you're likely on your way to a win anyways.

@Serracollector The inherent conflict between tutoring for cards in your deck and spilling your deck into your library makes me unable to really figure out how this would really work in Dredge. This suggests the cards you would tutor for would have to be useful in the graveyard, but then if they were, then why wouldn't you use Sun Titan or Griselbrand instead to dredge for more of your deck? Not to mention that exiling combo pieces with Serum Powder would be quite a nombo and extra combo pieces in your deck would inevitably come at the cost of disruption. I just can't see this card being useful in Dredge. If there were ever any advantage to this guy over the other options, it would be winning with a combo that doesn't care about Moat, but Ashen Rider has to be better for that.

This post is deleted!

There're many mechanism to make Razakesh work.But Griselbrand does 14 cards without any support.Is there any reason to run Razaketh instead of him?

last edited by Saya
    Views