Vintage 101: Post-Gush Power Nine

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/vintage-101-post-gush-power-nine

Take a look at the first post-Gush Power Nine Challenge with Islandswamp!

Nice read like always. Something that was weird is that you just skimmed over the fact the White eldrazi was the best performing deck win perchentage wise but didn't show any deck lists or talk about it in more depth.

I appreciate you writing about Vintage. Not too many people doing it these days. Thanks.

Also didn't call out brassy's compulsive research in his mentor list. LOL. Good article man, I appreciate that there are still voices talking about the best format.

@garbageaggro shhhh, don't draw attention to my hawt technology

@ssasala @garbageaggro I agree with both of you guys. I would have liked to have written a longer article, but lately it's been tough to find enough time. I have a new job where I'm making a lot more money but also working longer and less convenient hours (as far as enabling my old writing schedule goes).

Whenever I do have time I try to write longer pieces. Also I'm extremely fortunate for all the hard work that @diophan , @ChubbyRain , and others do because I literally could not do an article like this without them. I would love to help collect data for the power nines myself, but I can't get an entire day off to play in them.

@Brass-Man said in Vintage 101: Post-Gush Power Nine:

@garbageaggro shhhh, don't draw attention to my hawt technology

For the record I don't think it's terrible, and if it was an Instant it might even be good. I'm sure you rationalized it as "I don't need to put artifacts in my graveyard and I have sixteen or so lands and only six or seven artifacts". I've been thinking about that myself.

@Islandswamp

"Might even be good."

High praise!

@Brass-Man said in Vintage 101: Post-Gush Power Nine:

@Islandswamp

"Might even be good."

High praise!

I've never tested it, and I tend to use a lot of indecisive language so when it turns out I was wrong I can always say, :it wasn't a definite!".

Good summary, thank you. Thorns vs. Missteps until the next B&R.

As a pauper player I too have been putting CR in my playset Vintage decks.

last edited by Teazia
    Views