LCV 2017 -April Edition - 29th of April - 28 Players - Top16 List

Thank you both! I am really proud of the deck (specially after the hard time to sign those Dark Petitions and Cabal Rituals) as I like the archetype very much.

I enjoy playing with it from time to time when the meta is favorable. Which I thought it was atm. However, I had to navigate hard matchups all day. At least it felt like I was running in an uphill battle all day long XD:

R1 - Hexmage Deeps - Win - 2-1
R2 - Tezzeret UBg (side to Oath) - Lose 1-2
R3 - Leovold Bug w/Rods - Win 2-0
R4 - Leovold Bug -Win 2-0
R5 - Shaymora - Win 2-1 (cannot ID w/3-1)
Top8- Vehicle Ballista MUD - Win 2-1
Top4- UW Blade w/wastelands- Win 2-1
Finals- Ballista Mud- Win 2-1

Obviously ending 2nd in the Swiss proves to be key as it grants me playing 1st in my top8 matches!

So I played 6 out of 8 rounds versus wasteland decks. The 5 basics really were key in these marchups!

last edited by PeAcH

I said so on Twitter already, but congrats again, and man does that deck look pretty, :-).

Did you see the Mentor-DPS deck that finished second in the MODO Vintage Challenge this weekend? http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/vintage-premier-2017-04-30. Looks like the differences vs. your build are +4 Mentor, -1 Dark Petition, -1 Tendrils, -1 Hurkyl's Recall, -1 Cabal Ritual.

Did you ever want access to Mentor in your tournament?

@l_neiman said in LCV 2017 -April Edition - 29th of March - 28 Players - Results and Winner List:

I said so on Twitter already, but congrats again, and man does that deck look pretty, :-).

Did you see the Mentor-DPS deck that finished second in the MODO Vintage Challenge this weekend? http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/vintage-premier-2017-04-30. Looks like the differences vs. your build are +4 Mentor, -1 Dark Petition, -1 Tendrils, -1 Hurkyl's Recall, -1 Cabal Ritual.

Did you ever want access to Mentor in your tournament?

It seems a really nice approach and Mentor provides a Punch you sometimes might need to win a game under certain situations (specially vs. Counterwall.deck).

If I have some time I will give it a try.

BTW, first post updated with the top16 deck lists.

The 15th place list, BUG Control, has 0 Leovolds. Anyone know why? I do like the inclusion of Pack Rat tho.

@Serracollector said in LCV 2017 -April Edition - 29th of March - 28 Players - Top16 List:

The 15th place list, BUG Control, has 0 Leovolds. Anyone know why? I do like the inclusion of Pack Rat tho.

Maybe that's why it got 15th.

First post Miguel Angel Díaz - Paradoxical Mentor list updated with:

OUT Treasure Cruise
IN Time Vault

last edited by PeAcH

@Serracollector Marcel didn't have the Leovolds, but he suggested that he would play them if he had them. He had been playing Esper Mentor for lot of time and this time he had to recover his old BUG deck with some changes.

I have been running the same DPS list on MTGO for a few weeks now. Super fun, and very strong. Glad to see you took the whole thing down with it!

Congrats on your win Ragull!

I don't know if David Yepez 10'th is reading TMD, but please tell him, if he wants to make top 8 next time, that he should include 2 stony silence 🙂

@Thiim

Thanks!

And David does read TMD 🙂 Thanks for the tip!

Views