I'm super excited to be able to announce the next two chapters of this project, 1995 & 1996, the most formative years in the formatís grand history. This took longer than expected to finish for a host of reasons, including all of the history I had to dig up, source, verify, etc.
What's most important about these chapters are the exclusive interviews and decklists PUBLISHED FOR THE FIRST TIME ANYWHERE. You will see historical Type I decks that have never appeared anywhere else before.
Do not miss the story of The Deck, perhaps the most famous archetype in the formatís history. Culled from long forgotten archival materials, historical records, new exclusive interviews with key players of the era, and much much more, you will see decks published in these pages for the first time ever and read about:
* The surprising decks that won the 1995 and 1996 Type I Championships and the stories behind them.
* The emergence of The Deck and Brian Weissmanís unforgettable contributions to the game.
* Type I Necropotence and Mana Crypt decks published here for the first time ever.
* Every change to the Banned and Restricted List in 1995 and 1996.
* The impact of each of the new sets of the era on the Type I format, including Ice Age, Homelands, Alliances, and Mirage.
* The card and the deck that got Fastbond restricted (published for the first time ever!).
And much much more!
Weighing in at 40+ pages, this article will keep you turning page after page, and offer a deeper and more profound appreciation for the formatís history and the format as it exists today than you ever thought imaginable.