TheManaDrain.com
October 22, 2014, 04:34:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Mark's Vintage w/Dan Frazier: January 27, 2013
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark's Comics 1/27/13 Playmat Tournament with Dan Frazier  (Read 2450 times)
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:06:01 AM »

Mark pulled off quite the coup in getting one of the great artists of Magic to come down to his store for the weekend of the Gatecrash pre-release.  Mark will be running a Vintage tournament on Sunday, 1/27, while Mr. Frazier is there.  

Here's the info:

What:

Mark's Comics Sunday Vintage with Dan Frazier

Prize Structure:

1st: Hand drawn, custom playmat done by Magic artist Dan Frazier (guaranteed at 14 players).

Additional prize support of $10 per person will be added after the 14th entrant.  

Where:

Mark's Comics and Collectibles
291 North Central Ave
Valley Stream, N.Y.
(516) 872-5919

When:

Sunday, January 27th
4pm registration, 4:30pm start

Artist Appearance:

Magic Artist Dan Frazier will be at Mark's Comics for the Gatecrash pre-release weekend.  Mr. Frazier will be at the store on Sunday until about 7pm.  With paid entrance to one of the weekend's events you will be able to meet Mr. Frazier, have cards signed, and pay to have alterations done.  Space is limited, as Mark can't hold more than 51 players.  Mark will be doing pre-registrations for the event.  In order to pre-register, please email Mark's Comics at:

serra3@optonline.net

I'll be heading down to play in the tournament, and to get my Jester's Caps signed and altered.  I hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:10:10 AM by Prospero » Logged

There is always a greater power.

E.C.W.
Cruel Ultimatum
Full Members
Basic User

froz3nn
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:33:05 AM »

I'll be heading down to play in the tournament, and to get my Jester's Caps signed and altered.  I hope to see you there!

Not getting your moxen signed and altered?

Egan

ECW
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:35:45 AM »

Not getting your moxen signed and altered?

While I don't doubt his ability to do sweet alters, I'd prefer to have my Moxen clean.  If I decided, down the line, that I didn't like an alter that I had done, I'd prefer that it was done on something easily replaceable.

E.C.W.
brokenbacon
Basic User

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 02:16:50 AM »

Um... there. Yeah. Count me in.

TEAM TOP DECK INSURRECTION-luck draws...fukin luck draws
Vintage Master of Princeton @ SWC
Fuck your horse and the couch you rode in on
Thecheese
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 11:57:49 AM »

That's a long day on Sunday......I may have to make the trip...I may even buy a mox just so he can alter it.....

Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought bravely. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah
Maraxis1985
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 08:17:22 PM »

Do we have to sign up for reservations for Dan Frazier for Vintage?

-----------------------------------------------------
3rd Place New York NEV VI
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »

Yes.  Send Mark an email in order to reserve your place.

E.C.W.
quicksilvervii
Adepts
Basic User

Always Observing.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »

Yes.  Send Mark an email in order to reserve your place.

If you could please inquire as to what we discussed earlier, I would much appreciate it.  I would prefer real alters as opposed to quick sharpies on these...

Kappa.
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »

Mark is taking signups, but more importantly, there's this:

That's a copy of one of the two playmats that are being made for Mark.  The first will be given out as support, the second is going to be available to be purchased. 

E.C.W.
markscomics
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 07:52:57 AM »

Hello from Mark of mark's Comics & Collectibles in Valley Stream New York. I am fairly new to this so bare with me if I make any mistakes. We are very much looking forward to hosting the new Magic the Gathering Gatecrash pre-release on Jan. 26th. and 27th. In addition, we have a vintage event on Sunday at 4:30pm. As you may have read, we are flying in legendary Magic the Gathering artist Dan Frazier for the events. The entry fee for the Vintage is $15 and the sealed prerelease events are $25. There is no limit to the amount of cards you may have signed by Mr. Frazier with in reason (my reason not yours). He will be doing alters for between $5 and $50 at the event. He will do much more detail colored alters as well, but not at the store. He will take your cards in a self address envelope along with your email address and when he finishes them, he will contact you personally with the cost with shipping and have to Pay Pal him the funds and he will then ship them out. We rae taking prepaid registrations in person or by Pay Pal sent as a gift so no sales tax would be due. Our email address for Pay pal and if you wish to contact us is serra3@optonline.net You can also go on Facebook and look up Mark's Comics & Collectibles and like us to see all or our updates and also to contact us. Look forward to seeing everyone at the event, Mark.
warr
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 06:39:01 PM »

I'm definitely in for this.  If anyone else from the Boston area is interested in riding down with me, PM me and we can work out details.
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 11:27:39 AM »

I had several players ask me about this event yesterday, so, here's a quick update.

Mark still has a few spots open for the Vintage event, but you should reach out to him at his email address (serra3@optonline.net) to save a spot.  Dan will be bringing some extra stuff for sale (including various playmats that he has altered) and he will be able to sign cards, though alters (heavy alters - things that involve paints, etc.) will not be able to be done on site due to the time consuming nature of such alters.  Please reach out to Mark (again, at his email address) in order to work out details on anything that you'd like done.

I'll be there on Sunday, and I hope to see you all there too!

E.C.W.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: