TheManaDrain.com
October 25, 2014, 02:45:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOSTON] Mox Tournament at Pandemonium (1/19/13)  (Read 9025 times)
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« on: September 25, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »

BOSTON'S BACK!

After a long slumber, the Vintage scene in Boston has started to awaken again.  We've been having some good success with our weekly Vintage events, and have been exposing a lot of new people to the format.  Now it's time to kick the sleeping beast awake and we're going to do it in style.

So here are the details!

WHERE:
Pandemonium Books and Games
4 Pleasant Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 547-3721

WHEN:
Saturday, January 19th
The event begins at 12pm. Registration starts at 11:00 (Pre-Registration will be available details to follow).

WHAT:Main Vintage Event!
$30 entry fee
10 Proxy free with Entry fee with the option to buy 5 additional proxies for $1 each
Decklists required.

**NOTE: That unfortunately due to size of the venue we will have to cap the event at 90 people, so any out of town folks will probably want to pre-register.  If this event is a success I will certainly look into booking a larger venue for future tournaments.

PRIZES!

GUARANTEED Unlimited Mox Sapphire for 1st Place! -> Yes you read that right ... a guaranteed piece of power.  When was the last time you heard that outside of New York?
Other prize support will scale with attendance.

FRONT IMAGE:  http://i.imgur.com/kS5W5.jpg

BACK IMAGE:   http://i.imgur.com/L0uSl.jpg

Pre-Registration
As requested by the store running the event they would like to do a pre-paid pre-registration.  To do this please call the number listed above, give them your name and tell them which event you would like to register for, and they will be able to process it via credit card over the phone.

They are also more than happy to refund the pre-registration with reasonable notice before the event.

PROXY RULES:

Acceptable Proxy Methods:
    1. Full Card Printed on Card Stock.  (ie: you blanked a normal magic card and then ran it through a printer.)
    2. Clearly Hand written fully blank card.     (ie: You blanked a normal magic card and then neatly hand wrote all relevant information on it.)
    3. Relevant Information neatly written on a basic land with Sharpie

**Note: Relevant Information is defined as follows:
    1. Card Name
    2. Mana Cost
    3. Card type
    4. Full card text or a reasonable abbreviation
    5. Power/Toughness/Loyalty where applicable

Failure to provide adequate proxies will result in a warning or game loss should a judge need to be called.  I hate to be so harsh on this, but a lot of players put a lot of time and effort into making their decks and expect some effort from their opponents.
If you have any questions regarding your proxies please approach myself or one of the other organizers or judges and have us check them before the tournament starts.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 11:15:26 AM by ErtaiAdept » Logged

Bill Copes bought me a beer after using the power of his mind to remove all the Bazaars and Serum Powders from my deck in two consecutive games.

Team TMD
"Dice have six sides for a reason.  There is no excitement in surety my friend."
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:21:24 PM »

No guarantees, but I'm going to try and make this.

There is always a greater power.

E.C.W.
psyburat
Adepts
Basic User

Mike Noble

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:19:12 PM »

Hmm... occurs during the Act Sci off-season, and on a three-day weekend for some!  May have to attend myself.

Commandant
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »

So in on this. Gonna bring like 13 people.

Easy 8$ all day parking for you out of staters.

Quote from: David Ochoa
Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
InfectedMushroom
Basic User

ChrisF9800@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 11:57:12 PM »

You have my attention.

“Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?”

Reppin 6 town.
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 06:35:06 AM »

BUMP for OP Details.

Bill Copes bought me a beer after using the power of his mind to remove all the Bazaars and Serum Powders from my deck in two consecutive games.

Team TMD
"Dice have six sides for a reason.  There is no excitement in surety my friend."
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

micker01 Micker1985 micker1985
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 07:34:23 AM »

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:57:22 AM by Meddling Mike » Logged

Meddling Mike posts so loudly that nobody can get a post in edgewise.

Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 08:00:52 AM »

On a side note: Do we know which Mox it's gonna be? Maybe some scans so I can decide if I'm selling my old one or this one after I win?

Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 08:47:33 AM »

On a side note: Do we know which Mox it's gonna be? Maybe some scans so I can decide if I'm selling my old one or this one after I win?

I will know hopefully soon what mox it will be and will post an update when I know.

Team TMD
Bill Copes
Adepts
Basic User

I don't have an avatar. I am an avatar.

zebraturbosled
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 09:09:54 AM »

I'm the only other legal target, so I draw 6 cards, and he literally quits Magic. 

Terrorists searching in vain for these powerful weapons have the saying "Bill Copes spitteth, and he taketh away."

Team TMD
brokenbacon
Basic User

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »

More than likely Team Top Deck Insurrection will be making the drive for this one.

TEAM TOP DECK INSURRECTION-luck draws...fukin luck draws
Vintage Master of Princeton @ SWC
Fuck your horse and the couch you rode in on
Cody.TopDeckInsurrection
Basic User

1992 Vintage World Champion

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »

More than likely Team Top Deck Insurrection will be making the drive for this one.

Chaa

HOPE FOR THE WORST
EXPECT THE BEST

Unban Shahrazad
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »

How I plan to deal with Team Top Deck Insurrection:
GIFSoup

brokenbacon
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 02:32:15 PM »

I wish I had long hair like the guy on the left.

Cody.TopDeckInsurrection
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »

How I plan to deal with Team Top Deck Insurrection:
GIFSoup

"He thinks he can beat two players in a game of vintage magic? No, that's not reasonable"

HOPE FOR THE WORST
EXPECT THE BEST

Unban Shahrazad
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »

I've been looking at this picture for a while now. I still can't figure out what David Bowie being lowered onto a bed with wires with a nearby microphone has to do with the epic double choke slam style beating you've got coming.

ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 05:52:25 AM »

Ain't no trash talking like Vintage MTG trash talking.....at least not as weird...

Team TMD
Cody.TopDeckInsurrection
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »

Forget it. But in any event we have UFC training on our side and UFC>wwe. Shits AS REAL AS IT GETS

HOPE FOR THE WORST
EXPECT THE BEST

Unban Shahrazad
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 12:18:25 PM »

Forget it. But in any event we have UFC training on our side and UFC>wwe. Shits AS REAL AS IT GETS

You see, the trick on my end is beating you severely enough to shatter your confidence for the next time I play a match against you without beating you so badly that you quit Magic entirely. I really need you to keep showing up to pay into these prize pools for me. It's like playing basketball against a 10 year old, you play with just your left hand to keep things interesting.

Cody.TopDeckInsurrection
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 03:19:26 PM »

You see, the trick on my end is beating you severely enough to shatter your confidence for the next time I play a match against you without beating you so badly that you quit Magic entirely. I really need you to keep showing up to pay into these prize pools for me. It's like playing basketball against a 10 year old, you play with just your left hand to keep things interesting.

You better watch out. You don't realy know who you're dealing with!

HOPE FOR THE WORST
EXPECT THE BEST

Unban Shahrazad
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 08:13:02 PM »

If your trash talking is as good as your Magic playing, I don't think I have anything to worry about.

brokenbacon
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »

If your trash talking is as good as your Magic playing, I don't think I have anything to worry about.
I promise you, if you don't stop now I will go DA on your sorry ass.

Cody.TopDeckInsurrection
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »

Really? You most not have seen my altered art yawgmoth's will and my altered underground sea that I got in France of 2006

HOPE FOR THE WORST
EXPECT THE BEST

Unban Shahrazad
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 06:33:57 AM »

I promise you, if you don't stop now I will go DA on your sorry ass.

Brokenbacon... I serve with Demonic Attorney. I know Demonic Attorney. Demonic Attorney is a friend of mine. Brokenbacon, you're no Demonic Attorney.

Really? You most not have seen my altered art yawgmoth's will and my altered underground sea that I got in France of 2006

I'm sure they'll look really impressive when you're scooping them up in shame.

Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »

Clearly Team TDI can't keep up with me in terms of the trash talk. I'm gonna need to look elsewhere to make this a proper trash talking thread. Let's see.

So if it's $8 for all day parking, how much for long enough to 0-2 drop? That's all you're gonna need.

Yeah, might be nice for you to try something other than the workshop mirror every round.

Hmm... occurs during the Act Sci off-season, and on a three-day weekend for some!  May have to attend myself.

As a guy with two exams under his belt myself, I thought maybe we could calculate the NPV of your $30 entry fee. I see one cash outflow in 4 months of $30 and no possibility of any cash inflows.

ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 07:39:01 AM »

Clearly Team TDI can't keep up with me in terms of the trash talk. I'm gonna need to look elsewhere to make this a proper trash talking thread. Let's see.

So if it's $8 for all day parking, how much for long enough to 0-2 drop? That's all you're gonna need.

Yeah, might be nice for you to try something other than the workshop mirror every round.

As a guy with two exams under his belt myself, I thought maybe we could calculate the NPV of your $30 entry fee. I see one cash outflow in 4 months of $30 and no possibility of any cash inflows.

I like you....

Team TMD
Cody.TopDeckInsurrection
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »

I don't need to trash talk cause ill fukin destroy your ass. Can't fukin wait to play you. Probably on dredge too right?

HOPE FOR THE WORST
EXPECT THE BEST

Unban Shahrazad
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 08:46:15 AM »

I don't need to trash talk cause ill fukin destroy your ass. Can't fukin wait to play you. Probably on dredge too right?

Against you, does my deck choice even really matter? I'd beat you with my homelands draft deck if it didn't have two merchant scrolls in it.

Cody.TopDeckInsurrection
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »

Oh man I am so fukin ready to play and beat your ass! Youre All talk man. This is gonna be hilarious and I GUARANTEE a turn two victory!

HOPE FOR THE WORST
EXPECT THE BEST

Unban Shahrazad
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 09:04:55 AM »

Oh man I am so fukin ready to play and beat your ass! Youre All talk man. This is gonna be hilarious and I GUARANTEE a turn two victory!

Yeah, I guess I can get a win by turn two. I was going to drag it out a bit to spare your feelings, but I guess I can forgo that if you're in a hurry.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: