TheManaDrain.com
April 17, 2014, 10:00:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: September 20, 2012 Burning Wish is unrestricted  (Read 5624 times)
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 10:53:36 AM »

EDIT #2:
Are there always price spikes leading up to an unrestriction? I couldn't figure out why Burning Wish suddenly jumped from $8 to $15 last week, but I guess info leaked out? That's annoying, but at least I got one in time. I just happened to be looking for them thinking they'd be good to hold on to for when WotC finally messed up printing a red draw/ritual card..

Sounds like good market strategy, spike up all possibly unrestricable cards before announcement just in case so people don't buy them cheap, then put normal price back if nothing moved.
Good thought, but no changes with Earthcraft, Hermit Druid, Mind Twist, etc.
[/quote]

Doesn't have to be a noticeable change. I'm sure a simple script would do when you know the time and date of the unrestrictions. 5 minutes before the announcement, put everything on banned list out of stock, if no changes, run script again and put back quantities. If there is a change, then decide how much the new unrestricted card is worth.

I'm sure big websites have something similar in place.
Mon, Goblin Chief
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 07:40:52 AM »

@Lemnear: I know a number of people interested in playing 12 proxy-Vintage tournaments here now, though still no idea where/when we could get a tournament to play in. Maybe we can get something going, at least a small tournament with minor prices?

@Burning Wish: I'm pretty sure that price spike was driven by people realizing OmniShow is one of the two if not the best S&T deck in Legacy - and that deck has four B.Wishes.

High Priest of the Church Of Bla

Proud member of team CAB.

"I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else." - Daria
g0tenks00
Basic User

g0tenks00@hotmail.com g0tenks00
View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 09:16:55 PM »

Too bad LED isn't also unrestricted. What i'd give to sleeve up long.dec again....

Then again, with all the hosers that exist now (thalia, thorn, misstep, to name a few), it would be interesting to see how that deck (my all time favorite) would stack up against what we have today...

Columbia University class of 2007.
BS: Applied Mathematics, Econ-Philosophy
Wall Street, baby.
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 10:36:19 PM »

Too bad LED isn't also unrestricted. What i'd give to sleeve up long.dec again....

Then again, with all the hosers that exist now (thalia, thorn, misstep, to name a few), it would be interesting to see how that deck (my all time favorite) would stack up against what we have today...

LED has to stay restricted.  A deck with 4 bazaar and 4 LED would be too good. 
TheWhiteDragon
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

ericdm69@hotmail.com MrMiller2033 ericdm696969
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 11:41:17 PM »

LED has to stay restricted.  A deck with 4 bazaar and 4 LED would be too good.  

4 LED + 4 bazaar + 4 fatestitcher would basically mean every deck would have to  maindeck 4x leyline, or concede every g1 no matter what other hate they packed.  It would also mean 4x LotV would be the only hate that would win g3.

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
Lemnear
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 12:21:35 AM »

LED has to stay restricted.  A deck with 4 bazaar and 4 LED would be too good. 

Seriously, dredge would be my least Problem here. Isn't like they mulligan on bazaar AND LED or that the average vintage Deck has ANY meaningful interaction with dredge anyway.

LED would be amazing to have back in the cardpool but the untestriction of wish likely prevents that. Not only for the Y.Will interaction only. I could only draw conclusions from legacy how all the New Frame printings since the Restriction of wish and LED would affect Vintage. It would be a Boost to vintage Combo but likely only for Turn 1 kills (everything else is stifled by Multi-Cabal therapy or spheres as usual). I can't see this being popular.

Member of Team RS (Germany)
KIP_NZ
Super Cool
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 10:27:29 PM »

EDIT: Is there no site that gives you a trend in prices of cards? here's the quote from magictraders.com

The is a site and it allows you to search for cards. http://blacklotusproject.com/cards/Judgment/Burning+Wish/

One of the things I like to do is change the scale, the default is the last 3 months.
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2012, 05:20:04 AM »

When was the last DCI Update? I figured it would be Oct 20 or Nov 20 or Dec 20, but I don't recall anything.

Smmenen
2007 Vintage World Champion
Vintage Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2012, 05:59:24 AM »

They announced dci updates henceforth coincide with set releases

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: