TheManaDrain.com
October 25, 2014, 06:10:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Magic Plays  (Read 6659 times)
voltron00x
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« on: October 28, 2011, 09:26:38 PM »

Was thinking today about all-time favorite Magic plays.  I have lots of them from Vintage that I really love, several of which were epic things done at the expense of Joe Pace and Brad Granberry, against whom I seem to have the luck of the Irish.  Whether it's turn one Eon Hub answering turn one Oath, Mox, Orchard against Brad, or top-deck Duplicant to win that same game; or using Karn to animate Time Vault to give it summoning sickness against Joe, or drawing literally the best card possible in my deck several turns running against Joe culminating in a called Yawg Will, or opening on Swamp, Jet, Entomb for Stormtide Leviathan against a shell-shocked Sam Berse... Vintage is full of ridiculous awesomeness.

Still, my all-time favorite thing right now has to do with Legacy Elves.

At my favorite local shop, Alternate Universe Blue Bell, they have a Legacy event every 3 months or so, which often seems to feature Josh Potucek against Jeff Folinus in the finals (or at least it seems that way to me).  After regretting not playing combo Elves at the NJ SCG Legacy Open, I brought it to the March AU BB Legacy.  A few minutes into round one, the room was pretty quiet, there were 40ish players in the event in various states of the first few turns.  In a moment of quiet, I announced, "Genesis Wave with X=24".  The room got totally silent for a second, and then a bunch of people just going, "WHAT????"  I think I put 21 permanents into play.  It wasn't just that the play was cool, or exciting, but that it captured that thing that only Magic seems to do sometimes where people are just suddenly going, "What is that guy playing and how did he do that???"

Love to hear some other people's thoughts.  What's your favorite all-time play, and why?

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.”

Team East Coast Wins
diopter
I voted for Smmenen!
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 09:43:53 PM »

Never pulled it off myself but surely someone can attest to the Burning Long days, with infinite turns taken via Twister/Regrowth/Time Walk, then ESG beats for the win against Meddling Mage naming Tendrils.
Joblin Velder
Basic User

Useless casual

ninjabot7000@hotmail.com CountRockula999
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 09:58:24 PM »

I was playing Rector Trix forever ago against 4CC. I managed to force through a Donate and bounce the Illusions, but he StP'd a Mox Monkey to go to 1. The next turn, I managed to Donate my tapped Mana Vault while he only had 3 mana available. I went on to lose the match, but that was a win I'll never forget.

Another time, I was playing Burninator around the height of Control Slaver. I had a day of crushing match ups like Oath (which I managed to beat through a Chill somehow). Finally, I faced Dragon. I was tilted pretty hard. I had no grave hate at all in my board. So I sit down, draw my hand and just hope to burn him out super fast. He knows I'm on 36lightningbolt.dec and thinks its great. He's essentially trying to goldfish as fast as he can, dumping counterspells into the bin and attempts to go off turn 3. I sigh, then realize I have a shrapnel blast that's active off an Great Furnace. A Blast and a bolt later and he has no cards in hand and no permanents. He gets beat to death by Mox Monkeys while I sandbag burn for further dragons. What made it so great was having a crowd murmuring around pre-blow out about how terrible I was not trying to race.

Team Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday: I will pee all over myself then we'll see who will end up looking bad.
TheWhiteDragon
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

ericdm69@hotmail.com MrMiller2033 ericdm696969
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 10:57:42 PM »

I once played an island with a mana crypt on turn one and tapped out to cast tinker.  I fetched Blightsteel Colossus.  I passed the turn and my opponent drew a card and then scooped.  Man, was that EPIC!

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
A.-1.
Full Members
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »

My favorite Vintage plays: A few years ago at Blue Bell, I was essentially borrowing 75 cards for Meandeck MUD with SoFaI and Arcbound Ravager main. In top four against the nightmare matchup of R/G Beats, I manage a match win off the fact that my opponent is new to Vintage and has no idea what any of my cards do or how they interact. Game one on the draw, I go Shop, Metalworker. He reads the card, decides not to Bolt/Grudge/Smash to Smithereens it. My turn two I play a second Shop, tap Metalworker revealing six artifacts, and contemplate playing CotV on eleven just to say that happened. Instead, I play CotV on one and two, Trike, Karn, and something else for the win.

At a TMD X.5 awhile back, I was playing a UBR Painter list with four TfKs. It was fun playing with and around Gaea's Blessing, Platinum Angel, Academy Ruins, and the tons of other hate. In the top eight against Control Slaver, my opponent had been slowly killing themselves including multiple Boseiju activations but was unable to win. He was at one life and tapped out when I played Yawg Will. I thought for a bit on how to win, when he said something like, "Just Tutor for Lava Dart and kill me." I double-checked his life total and D Tutored for Dart.

My favorite Type 4 plays: A friend who didn't quite understand the politics of mulitiplayer attacked everyone with one Living Hive token each one game instead of swinging everything at one player. We explained to him that's not how you play Type 4, but he insisted on playing his way. So the next game during the first player's upkeep, someone Urza's Rage'd him and I hit him with a Searing Wind.

Back when Flash was last legal, one of our playgroup's non-Flash players resolved Tooth and Nail. We had not drafted these particular decks, and no one knew what they had. It took them a bit to see it, but this player lucked out and had Kiki-Jiki AND Karmic Guide AND a sac outlet on board.

My all-time favorite play has to be when I was playing Burninator in Vintage many years ago. I had gotten into the very late game versus a version of Control Slaver. He had three cards in hand; I had two. He played a big robot, I played Price of Progress for twelve damage in response, he responded with TfK or something, and I responded with another PoP for twelve for the match. He shouted something in Swedish and stormed off in a huff. The only words in English I could make out in between what I assumed were Swedish curse words were PRICE OF PROGESS!!!

Please make an attempt to use proper grammar.
voltron00x
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 11:05:29 PM »

I love Price of Progress  Very Happy

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.”

Team East Coast Wins
hitman
Full Members
Basic User

1000% SRSLY

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 11:17:41 PM »

I use to love Control Slaver and was playing against a friend with a Crucible/Fastbond/Zuran Orb deck in a multiplayer Vintage game.  I had a Goblin Welder in play when he completes his combo.  He gains a trillion life and says, "Good luck" and passes the turn to me.  At the end of his turn, I Mystical Tutored for Thirst for Knowledge, Brainstormed and cast Thirst end of turn, discarding Mindslaver.  On my turn, I tapped a Mox for mana and Welded it out for the Mindslaver, Mindslaved him and made him play a fetchland and crack it 1 trillion +1 times.
bluemage55
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 01:46:28 AM »

Killing a Dredge player with 3 cards left by hitting them with Ancestral recall.

Allowing Yawg Will to resolve and then stopping them cold by using Chain of Vapor on their Fastbond in response to them tapping their only tropical island for blue and returning it with Gush, leaving them with a grave full of spells and no mana to play it with.
JACO
Full Members
Basic User

Don't be a meatball.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 02:04:48 AM »

Turn 1 Bazaar of Baghdad, kill you turn 2 with my one card combo.

Was it too soon for that?

Surprised

Want to write about Vintage, Legacy, Modern, Type 4, or Commander/EDH? Eternal Central is looking for writers! Contact me. Follow me on Twitter @JMJACO. Follow Eternal Central on Twitter @EternalCentral.
Samite Healer
Highlander Master
Full Members
Basic User

Samite+Healer
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 02:08:04 AM »

I entered a Mox tournament playing a 60 card highlander control deck and split in the finals at Hadley.  I was playing to get into the finals against a mono black deck, which was actually tough to deal with at the time.  Fortunately, I had Masticore in play with two cards in hand.  My opponent ripped Demonic Consultation, got excited, and cast it for Hymn to Tourach ultimately emptying my hand.  At the end of his turn, I tapped my Undiscovered Paradise for mana to put a regen shield on Masticore.  It returned to my hand during my untap step and I pitched on the upkeep, drew, killed his blocker and swung for the win.  Not a complicated play, but really damn cool because when has UP ever interacted like that to win a game?

At one of the Beanie Exchange tournaments about 7 or 8 years back I was playing Keeper and was getting blown out by my opponent's Library.  I had 5 lands, Mind Twist and drew an Isochron Scepter but I had been bluffing a hand full of Counterspells pretty hard.  I cast the Isochron with no targets and bluffed my way into it being countered, Twisted his hand, and went on to win the match.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:14:24 AM by Samite Healer » Logged

Proud member of the Vintage Avante-Garde

A work in progress: www.PeasantHighlander.com
Bakalias
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 04:09:12 AM »

It was my first vintage sanctionned tournament, dragged by friends, and I was still playing a deck that I liked instead of a good one: was playing shop combo.
I did pretty well during the rounds and entered the top8 to face a classic top8er around and probably one of the less sympathetic opponent I ever had.

He was playing a Drain deck of some sort and I had already won game one.

This time, I opened with Shop + Basalt Monolith, go. He disregarded the card (that I still explained), like I was playing a pile of crap of smt. He did land go, and next turn I played Mana crypt, Rings of Brightheart (must be my all time favorite card, I assume!)
He didn't know what it does, so here again, I explained it and I obtained the same disdain look from him and his aggrement to go. Then I said "I do infinite mana, OK?" and he was O_O "wtf?" He asked me to come back, wanting to counter the Rings because he didn't see the manas coming, which I of course declined, having a Sensei's top and a Staff on hand to win the game.

All of my buddies were laughing their faces off after the round, saying they all knew this was coming with my weird deck.

Most of my favorite plays are done with inconventional cards, because lots of overconfident vintage players don't see the tricks coming!
bluemage55
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 06:01:36 AM »

He didn't know what it does, so here again, I explained it and I obtained the same disdain look from him and his aggrement to go. Then I said "I do infinite mana, OK?" and he was O_O "wtf?" He asked me to come back, wanting to counter the Rings because he didn't see the manas coming, which I of course declined, having a Sensei's top and a Staff on hand to win the game.

Why exactly didn't he simply counter Staff?
brokenbacon
Basic User

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 09:53:46 AM »

Last tournament I went to (TMD Open 17? 18?), I got absolutely destroyed in the main event, so I played in the side. My matches were against Fish, something and something in the main event (I don't remember what, but I do remember never playing against Big Blue, which is my favorite matchup). I drop and play in the side, and it's against a Blue player (*fist pump*). Game one he goes for Tinker BSC, game 2 I turn one Tinker Blightsteel (redundant, right?), but game 3.....
I might remember this incorrectly, but nevertheless this epitomizes my love for Vintage.
He's way ahead, with a Bob and a Top and I have only lands. He plays Gifts, I Force. I go with nothing for turn, I don't draw a counter, i.e. I'm dead in the water. He rips Yawg's off the top, plays the nuts (A Call, gets a Tinker for BSC, etc.). However, he has a Vampiric Tutor in his graveyard and doesn't cast it, even though he has a U Sea untapped. I'm kind of sketched out, and I move to draw, and I can't believe my eyes; it's Jace. I have 5 mana open, I play Jace, he Spell Pierces. The best possible plays for the both of us, it was awesome.
Even when I get WRECKED in Vintage (which is pretty often), I love watching the fireworks so damn much.

EDIT: Oh yeah, don't quote me on this (somebody else probably knows it better than I do), another favorite of mine: Jeremy Beaver vs. Rich Shay.
Shay plays Oath, Beaver Forces Oath, Shay plays A Call in response, Beaver Misdirections the A Call. Misdirection is the coolest card.

TEAM TOP DECK INSURRECTION-luck draws...fukin luck draws
Vintage Master of Princeton @ SWC
Fuck your horse and the couch you rode in on
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 12:07:37 PM »

A very long time ago say 2001-2003 circa, I was playing a Keeper deck using abyss, moat, and story circle to "lock down" the board, while recurring 2 x  jester's cap with 3 gaea's blessing, twister, and regrowth to deck my opp/remove all win conditions so they scoop.  I'm in the top 4 vs Mono Black. G1 he wins drawing 4 wastelands in a row.  g2, I side in my own 2 wastelands, and after some time, I have removed his 4 hyppies thru swords/caps, then drop Moat.  He won't concede, so I go into "broke mode", using academy and plethora of artifacts, I had 2 cards in hand, I make him draw his deck with stroke of genious, then cast balance, with Zuran orb in play saccing all lands, he now has no cards in his hand, or play, or deck, I then tormod's crypt his grave, and BAM, my opponent had NO cards in the game.  Everyone was watching the game, and laughed thier asses off. 

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
Norm4eva
Full Members
Basic User

The87thBombfish
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 12:31:41 PM »

TURN ONE SNEAK ATTACK NICOL BOLAS OMFG WHERESURHAND

Actually, probably my favorite play I actually made was pretty simple; back in like, I dunno 2008-09, me playing Angel Stompy, old friend and opponent(who I hadn't seen for a long time) playing Iggy Pop.  He knew me when I was terrible at Magic, and didn't realize that over the last few years I'd gotten only slightly better.  So he does as he should G1 and totally wrecks me, ETW for Too Damn Much.

G2 I go first turn Chrome Mox, Ancient Tomb, Glowrider.

Phil didn't even read the card until he took his turn, drew his card, played land, Lotus Petal (or something) and I go, "Dude.  That costs  {1}."  He goes. "Oh.  Wait, what?" and finally picks up the Glowrider.  Heh.  My next turn, face-down Exalted Angel made him scoop.
TheShop
Full Members
Basic User

Coming live from tourney wasteland!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 01:45:36 PM »

A few of my favs:

Me on 5color shops vs shitty elves- elf player(a nice girl) plays lots of elves and on turn 3 casts the last elf out of hand...the 3 mana one that puts an elf on top of library.  I totally luck sack pyroclasm off the top and proceed to play the following all in one turn:  pyroclasm, wasteland your treetop village, play shop cast trinisphere.  Her board became a single forest...she kicks me in the shins under the table.  Ps- she went first and I didn't have the mana to play 3sphere and the other stuff I needed to not lose before that point.

Me on flash vs platinum blue-  I have the following opening hand in game 2: flash, hulk, delta, moxG, force, mystical, pact negation.  I draw pact of negation for my first turn draw...and decide that since he is just dropping lands he may have the counter power to stop me...so we play draw go and eventually I get to have the most fav play of my vintage career:
Me: flash
Him: drain
Me: force
Me: pact
Him: force
Him:  haha, gotcha-drain
Me: tossing pact, which hits him in the chest.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:41:26 PM by TheShop » Logged
Norm4eva
Full Members
Basic User

The87thBombfish
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 02:53:07 PM »

A few of my favs:

Me on 5color shops vs shitty elves- elf player(a nice girl) plays lots of elves and on turn 3 casts the last elf out of hand...the 3 mana one that puts an elf on top of library.  I totally luck sack pyroclasm off the top and proceed to play the following all in one turn:  pyroclasm, wasteland your treetop village, play shop cast trinisphere.  Her board became a single forest...she kicks me in the shins under the table.  Ps- she went first and I didn't have the mana to play 3sphere and the other stuff I needed to not lose before that point.

Me on flash vs platinum blue-  I have the following opening hand in game 2: flash, hulk, delta, moxG, force, mystical, pact negation.  I draw pact of negation for my first turn draw...and decide that since he is just dropping lands he may have the counter power to stop me...so we play draw go and eventually I get to have the most fav play of my vintage career:
Him:  haha, gotcha-drain

I like these stories, heh.  Violent metagame FTW
bluemage55
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 03:04:41 PM »

Me on 5color shops vs shitty elves- elf player(a nice girl) plays lots of elves and on turn 3 casts the last elf out of hand...the 3 mana one that puts an elf on top of library.  I totally luck sack pyroclasm off the top and proceed to play the following all in one turn:  pyroclasm, wasteland your treetop village, play shop cast trinisphere.  Her board became a single forest...she kicks me in the shins under the table.

D'aww.  I hope you got her number.   Wink
madmanmike25
Basic User

Lord Humungus, Ruler of the Wasteland

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »

I think I have the best Shop victory over a blue deck, but you be the judge. 

It was back in the days of SCG power 9 in a little town called Chicago.  My opponent assembles the Slaver lock on me, takes my turn, taps me out, extends his hand and says gg.  I merely point to my 5/3 Juggernaut.  I also mention that he HAS to attack.  And I mention that he cannot be blocked by any non-existent walls.  My Jugg taps and does what he used to do back in the day,  smash face.

Vive le Juggernaut! 
R.I.P.

Team Lowlander:  There can be only a few...

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.
Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 03:49:27 PM »

I think I have the best Shop victory over a blue deck, but you be the judge. 

It was back in the days of SCG power 9 in a little town called Chicago.  My opponent assembles the Slaver lock on me, takes my turn, taps me out, extends his hand and says gg.  I merely point to my 5/3 Juggernaut.  I also mention that he HAS to attack.  And I mention that he cannot be blocked by any non-existent walls.  My Jugg taps and does what he used to do back in the day,  smash face.

Vive le Juggernaut! 
R.I.P.

Now that is priceless.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." 
- Theodore Roosevelt
TheWhiteDragon
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »

A few of my favs:

Me on 5color shops vs shitty elves- elf player(a nice girl) plays lots of elves and on turn 3 casts the last elf out of hand...the 3 mana one that puts an elf on top of library.  I totally luck sack pyroclasm off the top and proceed to play the following all in one turn:  pyroclasm, wasteland your treetop village, play shop cast trinisphere.  Her board became a single forest...she kicks me in the shins under the table.  Ps- she went first and I didn't have the mana to play 3sphere and the other stuff I needed to not lose before that point.

Me on flash vs platinum blue-  I have the following opening hand in game 2: flash, hulk, delta, moxG, force, mystical, pact negation.  I draw pact of negation for my first turn draw...and decide that since he is just dropping lands he may have the counter power to stop me...so we play draw go and eventually I get to have the most fav play of my vintage career:
Him:  haha, gotcha-drain

If I'm counting correctly (and FoW needs a card to pitch) You went off with 8 cards in hand, and no hulk to go with that flash?

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 04:22:17 PM »

In a SCG tournament playing Bomberman VS Slaver, I knew the matchup by heart, my opponent didn't. He slaves me and has the cards to make me deck myself with my Salvager, but don't see it and just Tormod's Crypt my Lotus away. He then slaves me later on the game at least 4-5 times, leaving him with little ressources left. I ended up winning this 40 minute game by attacking with dorks in extremis with 0 cards left in my library.

I sided out Black Lotus for game 2, just to be sure he wouldn't be able to beat me in 10 minutes by slaving me (back in the days control decks had to control to win).
TheShop
Full Members
Basic User

Coming live from tourney wasteland!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »

A few of my favs:

Me on 5color shops vs shitty elves- elf player(a nice girl) plays lots of elves and on turn 3 casts the last elf out of hand...the 3 mana one that puts an elf on top of library.  I totally luck sack pyroclasm off the top and proceed to play the following all in one turn:  pyroclasm, wasteland your treetop village, play shop cast trinisphere.  Her board became a single forest...she kicks me in the shins under the table.  Ps- she went first and I didn't have the mana to play 3sphere and the other stuff I needed to not lose before that point.

Me on flash vs platinum blue-  I have the following opening hand in game 2: flash, hulk, delta, moxG, force, mystical, pact negation.  I draw pact of negation for my first turn draw...and decide that since he is just dropping lands he may have the counter power to stop me...so we play draw go and eventually I get to have the most fav play of my vintage career:
Him:  haha, gotcha-drain

If I'm counting correctly (and FoW needs a card to pitch) You went off with 8 cards in hand, and no hulk to go with that flash?

Fixed, one of those forces was a pact, that is why the play was so special to me- it required exactly a full playset of pacts to win.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:44:12 PM by TheShop » Logged
T00L
Basic User

Has Been

TOOLundertow46n2
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »

Favorite plays? I have a few that stand out in my mind.

I once went off with Yawg Will when I was dead on board with my opponent having a Tormod's Crypt in play. Got away with that one through misdirection.

Going off with dragon combo with a Pithing Needle in play on my opponents Tormod's Crypt. Got away with this countless times against a number of people. Brassman would always give me a hard time for continuing to run this on people haha.

Playing MSpaint at the last SCG P9 tournament and merchant scrolling for various non-blue instants with painter on blue in play. My opponents were so confused that day.

Playing UWR Bomberman with Aven Mindcensor at the only SCG P9 that was held in Roanoke. Played Cody Vinci round 1 after talking infinite shit on the mana drain and crashing his hotel room at 6 am that morning. He's playing drain tendrils (still a joke) and casts intuition. I say "I have a response. Bird Wizard you." he pauses to read Aven Mindcensor. He received a mox jet with that intuition.

Man...Vintage used to be fun...

I like my Magic decks like I like my relationships. Abusive.

Team GGs: We welcome all types of degeneracy!
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 08:39:06 PM »

My favorite recent play was in Draft a few nights ago.

I had an insane Burning Vengance/MillMyself/Flashback dec, and I had 1 card left in library at the beginning of my turn.  The best I could do was get my opponent down to one since she had infinite bounce for my Geistcatchers Rig and Falkenren Noble.  I drew my last card (a blank) and after attacking her to one life with the noble, I scoured my Graveyard for any way to do one damage (I had Burning Vengence out), but alas there was none.  I stared at my opponent, stared at my Noble (if it dies, opponent loses a life and I gain a life), I shouted DIE NOBLE DIE! Why won't you die!!!?

Then I looked at my hand and saw Ghostcatcher's Rig.  Glorious!

Darkenslight
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 06:50:32 AM »

I once did nearly over 400 damage turn 5 in Mirrodin/Kamigawa Standard using Lightning Coils, Coretapper and Teardrop Kami.  That was the only game win I had that tournament, but MAN, was that hilarious.  Against Tooth and Nail, to boot.
TheWhiteDragon
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »

Oh!  There was the one time that I played this guy.  I had a hand of swamp, swamp, ritual, ritual, buried alive, shallow grave, something random.  I won the flip.  I played swamp, double ritualed, buried 2 dreadnaughts and a sutured ghoul, then shallow graved the sutured ghoul and swung for 24.  My opponent said "Thanks for letting me draw 7", put down his cards, says "Vintage is ridiculous, I quit magic."  To this day i know he has never picked up a deck again.  Magic is so awesome Smile  Best play ever.

MaximumCDawg
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 10:22:05 AM »

Me: Painter, Grind you out.
Him: Use Academy Ruins to put my own Grindstone you didn't know I was packing on top of my library, draw it for the turn, grind you out in response.
Me: Le whoops!
Diakonov
Full Members
Basic User

Hey Now

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 12:25:42 PM »

Years ago, I played UG Fish/Madness.

The following happened at a Lotus tournament.

(on the draw)
Turn 1: Land, go.
Turn 2: Land, Wild Mongrel.
Turn 3: Swing for 2, play Riptide Mangler.
Turn 4: GG

VINTAGE CONSOLES
VINTAGE MAGIC
VINTAGE JACKETS

Team Hadley

Joblin Velder
Basic User

Useless casual

ninjabot7000@hotmail.com CountRockula999
View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 12:37:14 PM »

Years ago, I played UG Fish/Madness.

The following happened at a Lotus tournament.

(on the draw)
Turn 1: Land, go.
Turn 2: Land, Wild Mongrel.
Turn 3: Swing for 2, play Riptide Mangler.
Turn 4: GG

LIKE.

Team Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday: I will pee all over myself then we'll see who will end up looking bad.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: