TheManaDrain.com
July 22, 2014, 02:29:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: M12  (Read 1446 times)
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
M12
« on: June 27, 2011, 03:21:23 PM »

Well new base set around the corner, we can't expect too many new stuff as there are lots of reprint.

Jace, Memory Adept
   3uu
Planeswalker - Jace    Mythic Rare
+1: Draw a card. Target player puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
0: Target player puts the top ten cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
-7: Any number of target players each draw twenty cards.
Illus. D. Alexander Gregory   4

Not sure, it's easier to kill than the tower, but it can mill a player quite fast. Probably not good enough, but interesting. It's mill 10 + force the milled player to attack you. If you mill a player with no creatures, you might get it to live a second turn.

Azure Mage
   1u
Creature - Human Wizard    Uncommon
3{U}: Draw a card.
"We draw our power from the infinite ocean of the mind, where all manner of things can be conceived."
- Azure creed
Illus. Izzy #45/249   2/1

I know some people use Treasure Trove, I would see no reason not to run this too.

Furyborn Hellkite
   4rrr
Creature - Dragon    Mythic Rare
Bloodthirst 6

Flying

"Careful. A drop of blood here means death for us all." - Kalek, mountain guide
Illus. Brad Rigney #135/249   6/6

Lol, 12/12... no Razz

Scrambleverse
   6rr
Sorcery    Rare
For each nonland permanent, choose a player at random. Then each player gains control of each permanent for which he or she was chosen. Untap those permanents.

I so want to see this card in action! It's probably one of those that takes too much time to resolve, but it sounds fun.

Garruk's Horde
   5gg
Creature - Beast    Rare
Trample
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
You may play the top card of your library if it's a creature card. 7/7

This isn't Future Sight, but it's also a big dude.

Swiftfoot Boots
Artifact - Equipment    Uncommon
Equipped creature has hexproof and haste.
Equip 1

Better than the greaves if people still use them.

Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

micker01 Micker1985 micker1985
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:50:58 PM »

Swiftfoot Boots
Artifact - Equipment    Uncommon
Equipped creature has hexproof and haste.
Equip 1

Better than the greaves if people still use them.
I really doubt hexproof instead of shroud is a bigger improvement over 0 equip cost instead of 1.

Meddling Mike posts so loudly that nobody can get a post in edgewise.

Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 05:01:49 PM »

Well, too bad you think that, cause it's better pretty much 100% of the time (baring any Mindslaver shenanigans).

Mr. Type 4
Creator of Type 4
Full Members
Basic User

Creator of Type 4 - Discoverer of Steve Menendian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:47:34 PM »

Well, too bad you think that, cause it's better pretty much 100% of the time (baring any Mindslaver shenanigans).

agree.  still seems a bit weak, but would be better/worse depending on the ratio of creatures to other card types in the stack.

Scrambleverse sounds like a blast but isnt very good from a strategic perspective unless you have nothing. 

2008 VINTAGE CHAMPION
2013 NYSE OPEN I CHAMPION
Team Meandeck

Mastriano's the only person I know who can pick up chicks and win magic tournaments at the same time.
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »

Scrambleverse sounds like a blast but isnt very good from a strategic perspective unless you have nothing. 

Agreed, it's pretty much a last pick, but once you get it, why not play with it. There is always a goofy player that just wants to mix the game up and that doesn't care winning, that card is for this guy Smile
Lysyc12
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »

Here's the first card I've really liked for Type 4 (though I love Scrambleverse for my Chaos Effect Stack):

Rune-Scarred Demon    {5} {B} {B}
Creature - Demon
Flying
When Rune-Scarred Demon enters the battlefield, search your library for a card, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
6/6

Good ability on a solid body.  Great with Karmic Guide, Artisan of Kozilek, and Clone effects.  Ridiculous with Kiki-Jiki!
Mr. Type 4
Creator of Type 4
Full Members
Basic User

Creator of Type 4 - Discoverer of Steve Menendian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 08:02:31 AM »

Agreed, it's pretty much a last pick, but once you get it, why not play with it. There is always a goofy player that just wants to mix the game up and that doesn't care winning, that card is for this guy Smile
it would be a lot of fun when just playing random decks with no drafting. 

Re: rune-scarred Demon - now we're talking.  it's the demonic tutor himself!  A 6/6 flyer that tutored for anything relevant (an instant, another creature etc) would be worth it, but this guy gets anything. Lysyc12 already mentioned a few, but there's a lot of tricks associated with the fact that this guy is a creature.  A very solid addition.

2008 VINTAGE CHAMPION
2013 NYSE OPEN I CHAMPION
Team Meandeck

Mastriano's the only person I know who can pick up chicks and win magic tournaments at the same time.
Lysyc12
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 02:18:28 PM »

And the hits keep coming!

Sphinx of Uthuun        {5} {U} {U}
Creature - Sphinx    
Flying
When Sphinx of Uthuun enters the battlefield, reveal the top five cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard.
5/6

I really hope there is a cycle of these guys! 
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 10:00:46 AM »

Sorin's Vengeance
   4bbb
Sorcery    Rare
Sorin's Vengeance deals 10 damage to target player and you gain 10 life.

It's a little worse than Searing Wind in most cases, but 10 damage spells are just excellent in general, and this one gives you life to boot.

It's pretty generous for a base set so far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: