TheManaDrain.com
October 31, 2014, 02:53:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A good way to print nice proxies?  (Read 10196 times)
tito del monte
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »

Hey,

I'm stranded in London, UK with few people to play Vintage with, so in an attempt to be proactive about sparking interest in the format, or at least having a few people to play casually with, I wanted to put togethr some nice-looking, full-colour, 100% proxy decks, so I can put them in the hands of players who don't play Vintage and hopefully get them hooked.

I was just wondering if someone knew of an efficient way of doing this - ideally a site that will compile the pics in the right size to print for an entire deck - a little like how Deckcheck does, but with pictures.

This site promised much, but it doesn't seem to work:
http://www.playables.com/catalog/deck_builder.php

Does anyone know of anything similar? I think I might weep if I have to download every single pic individually then use my abysmal Indesign skills to cobble big printable pages together :/

Any help appreciated!

Titus

chrissss
Basic User

Just be yourself

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:53:53 AM »

I saw very nice proxies the other day, the guy just put the original cards onto his copy machine, and then made copies, and cut them out. You have the perfect size and colors. This does mean you need the cards to copy first.

Yes,Tarmogoyf is probably better than Chameleon Colossus, but comparing it to Tarmogoyf is like comparing your girlfriend to Carmen Electra - one's versatile and reliable, the other's just big and cheap.(And you'd run both if you could get away with)
Yare
Zealot
Full Members
Basic User

Playing to win

Yare116
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 01:44:55 PM »

http://magiccards.info

Type in the name of the card you want. Once you get your card, scroll down to where it says "print proxies" and select your quantity by clicking that number. Print (the cards will be sized properly). Repeat for whatever cards you need.

This is the most efficient way that I know of that currently exists on the Internet.

Magic Workstation also offers some proxy printing capabilities, but I encountered some bugs and you can only print one page of nine cards at a time anyway. You're welcome to try that too, but I think this is just easier.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 01:56:44 PM by Yare » Logged
tito del monte
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »

Thanks for the tips guys!

@Yare: that site looks pretty useful - good that you can do four at a time of a card. Will try and get to work early tomorrow and give the colour printer a good bashing Smile

someone really needs to invent some kind of entire deck mega proxy compiler though... Smile

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: